My buyers are not rating my gig

vmackey

Question

• Answers 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was raised to believe if you have to ask for a raise you probably do not deserve it. However, asking for a rating is important, because buyers simply do not understand the impact it has on a seller. On the other hand, it is similar to peeking in a key hole you may see something you did not expect or be careful of what you wish for, (pick an analogy). I do believe it is important to remind buyers in a gentle way that comments are appreciated. I do get perturbed however, when the wait staff in a restaurant reminds me to tip in not so subtle ways.

I expect honest feedback but I would prefer negative feedback be presented so it can be used to correct the current and future problems. Buyers that do not give the seller a chance to correct the problem should not be allowed to leave a comment in my opinion. There should be a revision policy in place that requires the buyers to give the seller at least one chance to fix the problem. I have not had a problem as of yet but everyone will at one time or another, percentage wise there is no escaping this fact.

I was raised to believe if you have to ask for a raise you probably do not deserve it. However, asking for a rating is important, because buyers simply do not understand the impact it has on a seller. On the other hand, it is similar to peeking in a key hole you may see something you did not expect or be careful of what you wish for, (pick an analogy). I do believe it is important to remind buyers in a gentle way that comments are appreciated. I do get perturbed however, when the wait staff in a restaurant reminds me to tip in not so subtle ways.

I expect honest feedback but I would prefer negative feedback be presented so it can be used to correct the current and future problems. Buyers that do not give the seller a chance to correct the problem should not be allowed to leave a comment in my opinion. There should be a revision policy in place that requires the buyers to give the seller at least one chance to fix the problem. I have not had a problem as of yet but everyone will at one time or another, percentage wise there is no escaping this fact.

ghostblogger said: I was raised to believe if you have to ask for a raise you probably do not deserve it.

I hope you have fully liberated yourself from that training.

For me, I find it to be puritanical, naive (especially in today's hyper capitalistic at times fascistic economic atmosphere), and generally disregarding of the value of labour.

Even the "Bible" got this one right. You have not because you ask not, and when you ask, you ask wrongly.

Archived