Why does chat flag the use of the word pay?

daviddoer

It’s matter not to play with system

I don’t play with the system. The system is flawed and plays with me! For I shouldn’t be warned and flagged because the Fiverr developers couldn’t even set up a proper regular expression code to distinguish bad uses from genuine uses of these words. They just flag the characters no matter how you use them or in what context - how is that good design? :roll_eyes:

Likewise, if a buyer asks me to talk on another site, and I tell them that “talking outside of Fiverr is not allowed”, I get automatically flagged and Fiverr blocks my message system because I used the words “outside of Fiverr”, without even looking at the context in which I’ve used them, penalizing me for no valid reason whatsoever. How is that logical or a good design considering that I just re-state what the ToS states?

I got warning just bcaz one of the my client’s has the word MONEY in his username.

Heads-up: we also get a warning for using the words “starting”, “starter” or “start”, because apparently it starts (darn, I used it again!) with “star” and Fiverr thinks you’re asking for 5 stars :man_facepalming: Same for “restart” or any other word containing the word “star” :roll_eyes:

LVY2jhM.gif.9f2ce07ed965def222a58758c1a94109.gif

Heads-up: we also get a warning for using the words “starting”, “starter” or “start”, because apparently it starts (darn, I used it again!) with “star” and Fiverr thinks you’re asking for 5 stars :man_facepalming: Same for “restart” or any other word containing the word “star” :roll_eyes:

72c21aee023e044610631593935a4f45ca005873.gif

LOL. Surreal. Thank you, @woofy31.

Update: “review”, too… Fiverr, I get what’s behind that but it’s getting tougher and tougher for all your many sellers who only use such words in the most harmless contexts, to lead a normal conversation without sounding, let’s call it … eccentric, the more bad words you add to your filter.

While the really bad guys, and the ones among us who aren’t afraid of looking not just eccentric but dumb, just use fancy ways of spelling.

I suppose it does serve the purpose of notifying the people who really didn’t know yet that giving your email or taking payment off-site or asking for 5* reviews is against ToS, but can’t that be done without hampering everyone’s free use of perfectly fine words, like with a “Best of ToS” quiz, once to get all users up to date, then for anyone registering, and when major updates/changes happen?

Archived