Why does chat flag the use of the word pay?

daviddoer

Potential customers commonly ask me the price of a service, regardless of the fact that my prices are on the gig page (occasionally its for a service that’s not specifically priced on the gig).

Whenever I use the dollar sign word pay fiverr warns me against getting paid off site…

how would I use a $ in a sentence arranging off site payment? it doesn’t even make sense.

Our customers all must pay, if I use the word doesn’t mean I’m harassing them!

[edited to reflect comments]

Potential customers commonly ask me the price of a service, regardless of the fact that my prices are on the gig page (occasionally its for a service that’s not specifically priced on the gig).

Whenever I use the dollar sign word pay fiverr warns me against getting paid off site…

how would I use a $ in a sentence arranging off site payment? it doesn’t even make sense.

Our customers all must pay, if I use the word doesn’t mean I’m harassing them!

[edited to reflect comments]

That is weird - I talk to a lot of potential clients about pricing in Inbox, and I use the $ a lot with them, but I’ve never gotten any warnings or notices. Only words like “pay” give a warning, but not $ :thinking:

I hope it’s not a “new feature” being released to everyone, because that would be a totally absurd messaging restriction :roll_eyes:

Although with all weird and illogical features implemented, I think this ⬇️

it doesn’t even make sense.

That is weird - I talk to a lot of potential clients about pricing in Inbox, and I use the $ a lot with them, but I’ve never gotten any warnings or notices. Only words like “pay” give a warning, but not $ :thinking:

I hope it’s not a “new feature” being released to everyone, because that would be a totally absurd messaging restriction :roll_eyes:

oh, maybe that’s it “pay” not “$”

either way, what’s the matter?

Guest hanshuber16

That is weird - I talk to a lot of potential clients about pricing in Inbox, and I use the $ a lot with them, but I’ve never gotten any warnings or notices. Only words like “pay” give a warning, but not $

Same here. I’ve never had a problem with using the $ sign.

Ha, we got a winner 😃

Try staying away from words like “pay” or “paypal” 😉

Try staying away from words like “pay” or “paypal”, as well as names of Fiverr’s competitor sites.

oh, because “pay” might be related to paypal? :rofl:

obviously our customers have to pay! but the word pay is suspicious?

Guest hanshuber16

Try staying away from words like “pay” or “paypal”, as well as names of Fiverr’s competitor sites.

It might also be used in the context where a seller could be demanding buyers to pay them (against their will).

I use the word pay and get a red warning sign but use it anyway. It’s a good word and does not indicate at least in my case that I am asking for money outside of fiverr.

Same thing with money, I’ve used it recently, got that annoying warning, but nothing happened. Oh, wait, there was something strange - the site started acting weird, giving me server errors and stopped working for a short while :thinking:

but the word pay is suspicious?

Papaya is suspicious, too.

Just break it into three words, Pap ay a

The same with taxpayer, copay, payments, etc.

I always use a dot to break these flagged keywords, because a space appears wider/bigger and humans are used to seeing spaces as word separators, whereas the dot is almost unnoticeable and acts as a bridge between the two split words:

“pap.aya”

“pap aya”

“m.oney”

“m oney”

The first one looks like the words are still connected and are naturally read as “papaya”, whereas the second one makes you read them as “pap” and “aya”.

I always use a dot to break these flagged keywords, because a space appears wider/bigger and humans are used to seeing spaces as word separators, whereas the dot is almost unnoticeable and acts as a bridge between the two split words:

“pap.aya”

“pap aya”

“m.oney”

“m oney”

The first one looks like the words are still connected and are naturally read as “papaya”, whereas the second one makes you read them as “pap” and “aya”.

Its better not to play with system.use the word extra cost.

Its better not to play with system.use the word extra cost.

It’s matter not to play with system

I don’t play with the system. The system is flawed and plays with me! For I shouldn’t be warned and flagged because the Fiverr developers couldn’t even set up a proper regular expression code to distinguish bad uses from genuine uses of these words. They just flag the characters no matter how you use them or in what context - how is that good design? :roll_eyes:

Likewise, if a buyer asks me to talk on another site, and I tell them that “talking outside of Fiverr is not allowed”, I get automatically flagged and Fiverr blocks my message system because I used the words “outside of Fiverr”, without even looking at the context in which I’ve used them, penalizing me for no valid reason whatsoever. How is that logical or a good design considering that I just re-state what the ToS states?

Archived