I quite like the "most successful at" but can't help feeling there's a... "glitch"

paulmaplesden

Fiverr over 2017 has reminded me a lot of the movie Gremlins. You get a bad idea, spill some water on it, and at the end of the day, you have 10 bad ideas and a bloody nose.

This has so many common sense flaws that somebody should really go over to Fiverr marketing HQ and start checking for pulses.

Fiverr over 2017 has reminded me a lot of the movie Gremlins. You get a bad idea, spill some water on it, and at the end of the day, you have 10 bad ideas and a bloody nose.

This has so many common sense flaws that somebody should really go over to Fiverr marketing HQ and start checking for pulses.

Looks like you don’t mince words either when necessary.

When someone showed me a screenshot of what was displayed as my average prices I was pleased to see they aligned well with my asking price, although it was still very uncomfortable to have my personal earnings displayed that way.

I even felt it might have let buyers know I wasn’t going to sell them a $5 gig since they could see that other buyers paid a lot more. Then later there came a barrage of $5 buyers unlike anything I’ve experienced in the past year.

Looks like you don’t mince words either when necessary.

When someone showed me a screenshot of what was displayed as my average prices I was pleased to see they aligned well with my asking price, although it was still very uncomfortable to have my personal earnings displayed that way.

I even felt it might have let buyers know I wasn’t going to sell them a $5 gig since they could see that other buyers paid a lot more. Then later there came a barrage of $5 buyers unlike anything I’ve experienced in the past year.

It just doesn’t make sense. It’s a given that when people start on Fiverr, they offer services cheaply in order to build reviews. This, average selling prices, and prices on portfolio samples, will lead to buyers assuming (in many cases) that they will get more for less.

Fiverr should at least make features like this optional for sellers and/or customizable from the dashboard. This could be good for one of my video gigs. Conversely, it makes it look like I do a lot more for less on my writing gigs.

It just doesn’t make sense. It’s a given that when people start on Fiverr, they offer services cheaply in order to build reviews. This, average selling prices, and prices on portfolio samples, will lead to buyers assuming (in many cases) that they will get more for less.

Fiverr should at least make features like this optional for sellers and/or customizable from the dashboard. This could be good for one of my video gigs. Conversely, it makes it look like I do a lot more for less on my writing gigs.

Welcome to the club ☀️

But in all fairness, I don’t think it’ll stick around for long. It’ll probably go away after a while like last time.

Archived