Back on Fiverr!

goodgift

Happy Monday!

I started on Fiverr back in 2011, and I had a few successful gigs. My two most successful ones were book trailers and editing.

As we all know, life happens. I had to take a long hiatus, but now I’m back and ready for more!

Wow, this site has changed, and a lot for the better! I love the new gig layout and options. The only thing that’s really intimidating is the competition level. Looks like a lot of professionals now, as opposed to the start-ups that flooded the community when I first started. I’m crossing my fingers that I can get my foot back in the door! 🙂

I just put up my editing gig. I’ll have to tweak it as I go along, but I am ready for business!

https://www.fiverr.com/goodgift/edit-spelling-punctuation-and-grammar-up-to-2-500-words

I’m working on getting my book trailer gig back up and running, and I have a few other ideas. I can’t wait to dive into creativity again!

-Jaela

3f54b118ac30bb645ca06ccefdbdc0e5ccd10b54.jpg.5869f578d49c3e38f1e79e592188092e.jpg

Welcome.

1st, like to state for the record that you are wrong about the competition. Take a closer look and you will see that 3 out of 4 offering editing/proofreading can’t spell. They have no business offering this gig.

2nd, you have great writing skill, so you eliminated 75% of sellers in your category. Your completion is the 25% that can spell & write.

3rd, may I suggest you segregate your gigs? You should have separate gigs for books: fiction $ non-fiction, articles, blogs, etc.

As a buyer, I find it confusing when sellers offer all-4-one gigs.

Good luck to you. It may be painful, but you already have great reviews from before, so I think you will be successful again in no time. 🙂

Welcome.

1st, like to state for the record that you are wrong about the competition. Take a closer look and you will see that 3 out of 4 offering editing/proofreading can’t spell. They have no business offering this gig.

2nd, you have great writing skill, so you eliminated 75% of sellers in your category. Your completion is the 25% that can spell & write.

3rd, may I suggest you segregate your gigs? You should have separate gigs for books: fiction $ non-fiction, articles, blogs, etc.

As a buyer, I find it confusing when sellers offer all-4-one gigs.

Good luck to you. It may be painful, but you already have great reviews from before, so I think you will be successful again in no time. 🙂

I will look into making separate gigs. This is the same kind of setup I had before, and it worked just fine. But I know times change, and I’m not opposed to improvement, so I will certainly look into that!

I want to bring my book trailer gig back too, but it will take a few more days so I can create some video content. I found a fantastic book trailer guy on here and messaged him. He was encouraging too. I forgot what a great community this is. I can’t wait to get more gigs posted and get started on projects, even if it is slowly but surely. 🙂

Awww, thank you for your kind words and encouragement! I am more optimistic now. 🙂

I will look into making separate gigs. This is the same kind of setup I had before, and it worked just fine. But I know times change, and I’m not opposed to improvement, so I will certainly look into that!

I want to bring my book trailer gig back too, but it will take a few more days so I can create some video content. I found a fantastic book trailer guy on here and messaged him. He was encouraging too. I forgot what a great community this is. I can’t wait to get more gigs posted and get started on projects, even if it is slowly but surely. 🙂

Hey…I’m the fantastic book trailer guy.

Welcome back and good luck.

I don’t really belive in “competition” as I think we all bring something unique to the table. No one on Fiverr can actually take orders from someone else. There are plenty of orders in this economy and there here is always room for quality. We can all work to function at the highest level or be happy at the bottom.

I’m revamping my offerings at year-end to better maximize quality of buyers I attract.

Anyway, welcome back and get to Fiverr-ing 👍

Thank you both for the encouragement. 🙂

gina_riley2, I took your advice and created two gigs for editing. I’m going to make a third for ghost writing (for things like full articles, manuscripts, etc.). I have ghost writing options in the others, but only for short passages, so I think having a separate gig for full-length ghost writing is a good idea.

Then tonight will be video-making night so I can get my book trailer gig up and running. I can’t wait to get started! 🙂

Welcome back to Fiverr. Looks like you will have no problem picking up from where you left off. If you haven’t already, suggest you check out the updated Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page as there have been many recent changes. Best wishes for your success! 🙂

Definitely checking those out! I’m really loving all the new stuff. 🙂

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my gigs now that I have three of them up! I have two editing gigs and one ghostwriting gig. I want to get a book trailer gig up, but my trailer-making computer has decided it’s had enough of this world and conked out on me. So it will be a bit before I can get that gig up, but I’m working on it!

Thanks to everyone that popped over to see the first gig I posted. It was great seeing the views go up! 🙂

Crossing my fingers for some orders!

https://www.fiverr.com/goodgift/edit-your-manuscript-screenplay-or-large-project

https://www.fiverr.com/goodgift/edit-spelling-punctuation-and-grammar-up-to-2-500-words

https://www.fiverr.com/goodgift/ghost-write-your-novel

3f54b118ac30bb645ca06ccefdbdc0e5ccd10b54.jpg.c44316fb0b004ddc5d2ac7ab895033c6.jpg

047cff700ce7215d5faae3c5eb65b391fac1d8fe.jpg.9c4df2b3d329a54d7cc27ebec768f7b3.jpg

4f27c48c28c58188fee9fac2a68aa429de50ea08.jpg.e76cccf0b871ae5db57a30b619c85a3c.jpg

I am really disappointed, Fiverr. I have a solid track record, yet when I come back and post the exact same gigs I previously sold (with zero problems), one is denied.

The explanation:

“Third party TOS violation - By taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.”

Nowhere in the gig description does it say I will do someone’s homework! This gig was for editing short works, such as articles and blog posts. Seriously, now. My past work reflects my good ethics and integrity - I have never done anyone’s homework, and in fact, I have rejected gig purchases in the past for this very reason.

As well, no one has even bought this gig yet, so how in the world can you say it’s a violation of this nature, when no transactions have taken place?

I was pretty excited to give Fiverr another try, but this is a low blow. 😦

EDIT: Gig title is “I will edit your article, blog post, and more.” I had all editing in one gig, but I split them up so that I have large project editing (like for novels) and small project editing (like for news articles and blog posts) on different gigs.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. It was a pretty big shock. Super disappointed because that gig had more views/stats than my other two. Guess I’ll try again and watch out for those “trigger” words. 😒

Try rewording your gig’s title and description of the gig.

Oh, don’t worry. I’ll be rewording it, all right. I got this response from CS (who marked it as “resolved” without giving me a chance to respond):

“Unfortunately, we had to remove your current Gig due to taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.”

This is laughable because I haven’t done any work at all with that gig! How can I take part in someone else’s work when I haven’t done any work?

sigh

Well, on the plus side, I did glean some information from the rest of the response, which will help me create a new gig that (I hope) is clearer.

Hey everyone!

I got my small document editing gig back up. I’d appreciate objective opinions on the gig; specifically, I need to know if it’s clear that the gig is for commercial, non-school documents. I just had this gig taken down “due to taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions.”

I haven’t even had any orders on the gig, so I have no earthly idea how I could be “taking part in doing someone else’s academic work.” I contacted CS, but they just repeated themselves and called it resolved. So…I thought maybe it was the wording or something. Here is my renewed and revised gig. I’d appreciate any thoughts regarding this.

Thanks!

https://www.fiverr.com/goodgift/proofread-and-edit-your-small-document

3f54b118ac30bb645ca06ccefdbdc0e5ccd10b54.jpg.a7f4716bd5eb71f38c2ffc8cfea7ba20.jpg

Hi goodgift,

It might be possible that the package descriptions are causing confusion. Perhaps replace Elementary, Middle School, and Graduate with Basic, Basic Plus, and Complete respectively?

Hope that helps 🙂

LOL! I didn’t actually have those titles before. I changed it to those for this one. I didn’t even make the connection. Wow. LOL Thanks, I’ll go change those!

Archived