Why is the buyers request section filled with sellers request instead?

wesleyfranklin

The buyers don’t even view the Buyers Request page like you do as a seller. It is only the sellers who are supposed to bid for the jobs published there that view it. As for who are the people responding to their request? Yours sincerely I, is one of them. When I joined Fiverr a year ago, in one of the posts like this on the forum, someone suggested we should be bombarding those lost sheeps with sellers request. It feels so good doing that. Don’t bother about Fiverr fixing or allowing it, that won’t sell your gigs. Cheers!

Yes, when you send them a seller offer, it really confuses them! But I have better things to do with my time. They can waste their time sending each other requests. :crazy_face:

I think a lot of it is because of this:

They get 30 offers and get excited thinking 30 people want to hire them to realize it’s the other way around.

Many languages have description after the noun, in English we say:

Blue house, in other languages it’s House blue

In English we say Buyer’s Request in other languages they’re reading it as Request Buyer.

I think a lot of it is because of this:

They get 30 offers and get excited thinking 30 people want to hire them to realize it’s the other way around.

Many languages have description after the noun, in English we say:

Blue house, in other languages it’s House blue

In English we say Buyer’s Request in other languages they’re reading it as Request Buyer.

you are damn right! Some of them might be using google translate:joy::rofl: you know?

• 1 month later...

Same old story.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Poll - Report-Button for 'Buyers Request'

We need a Report-Button for BR to report spamming sellers. We need a Report-Button for BR to report illegal/against TOS/shady buyer requests. We need a Report-Button for BR to report both of the above. 0voters Choose up to 3 options Votes are...

Reading time: 5 mins ? Likes: 200 ❤

There are 3 reasons I guess:

1. Grammar: when the title is “Buyer Requests”, some people might understand it “Request buyers to buy from you”.
  2. Monkey follow monkey: If a seller sees other sellers posting here asking for people to buy their job, they get tempted to do the same. Add that to language misunderstanding, and everything will seem logical from their point of view.
  3. Inexperience and desperation, new sellers who don’t know how the system really works will do anything they think can help them regardless if it works or not.

I hope no one gets offended by “Monkey follow monkey”

• 2 years later...

2021 Update: 2020 is about to end and this problem still exists. If anybody has any idea why Fiverr team is not interested in solving this problem that is essentially giving this platform a spamy reputation. Please share with me. I can’t think of any way this is helpful to the community of either buyers or sellers.

Archived