Question - Paid advertising for Fiverr gig

abauer5188

I was reading the forums here and came across someone who said paid advertising helped them get more leads for their gig.

I’m finding it hard to justify paying for advertising on $5 gigs. (I know I’ve got plenty of upsell options)

I’ve used Google Adwords and other CPM/CPC services before, but they typically aren’t that cheap.

I guess I was wondering if anybody had any experience with paid advertising for their Fiverr gigs and if they had any advice.

I currently post to social media, twitter every 5-star review, added free ads to a couple forums and Facebook Marketplace. I also have a blog that I periodically post articles on.

It just seems like I’m lost in a huge pool and I’m trying to stand out. I know that professional/friendly experiences will bring more people, but getting people to give me a chance has been difficult.

Thanks for the time reading and offering advice, I appreciate such a bonded community! We are all in this fight together.

I was reading the forums here and came across someone who said paid advertising helped them get more leads for their gig.

I’m finding it hard to justify paying for advertising on $5 gigs. (I know I’ve got plenty of upsell options)

I’ve used Google Adwords and other CPM/CPC services before, but they typically aren’t that cheap.

I guess I was wondering if anybody had any experience with paid advertising for their Fiverr gigs and if they had any advice.

I currently post to social media, twitter every 5-star review, added free ads to a couple forums and Facebook Marketplace. I also have a blog that I periodically post articles on.

It just seems like I’m lost in a huge pool and I’m trying to stand out. I know that professional/friendly experiences will bring more people, but getting people to give me a chance has been difficult.

Thanks for the time reading and offering advice, I appreciate such a bonded community! We are all in this fight together.

Do you have a way to track these to see if they are working or not for you?

Do you have a way to track these to see if they are working or not for you?

I have not found a way yet.

I know that you can pay for a service called Trk.Me that if you use their URL, you can track the number of clicks. But making $4 a gig isn’t worth paying that extra.

I just keep posting and pray for the best!

You don’t have to price your gigs at only $5. If your work is worth more, charge more.

Perhaps a higher gig price warrants a strong advertising campaign. 😉

You don’t have to price your gigs at only $5. If your work is worth more, charge more.

Perhaps a higher gig price warrants a strong advertising campaign. 😉

I agree with that sentiment. However, how do you stand out from the hundreds of other offers that are $5 only?

I agree with that sentiment. However, how do you stand out from the hundreds of other offers that are $5 only?

how do you stand out from the hundreds of other offers that are $5 only?

Higher quality? Better communication (if you’re a native English speaker, a lot of buyers will find it much easier to communicate with you, and they will appreciate it)?

how do you stand out from the hundreds of other offers that are $5 only?

Higher quality? Better communication (if you’re a native English speaker, a lot of buyers will find it much easier to communicate with you, and they will appreciate it)?

I totally understand that. I guess I need to re-work my video deliveries on my gigs. Otherwise, I’m just another picture in the crowd of other gigs with a larger number of reviews.

Do you send the 10 buyer requests every day? Trust me, buyer request section is the key for new sellers.

This helped me a lot to increase my sales, although I don’t need to send many buyer requests now.

A lot of the buyer requests that I see are things that are not applicable to my niche. So that doesn’t really help all that much.

never done that… but quality work delivery is keeping my Ranking good… i rarely share gigs to my social media…

I assure you my quality of work is nothing but excellent. I am also probably working way too hard to earn $5 haha!

But quality work cannot be demonstrated for the things I am doing without people actually buying.

I assure you my quality of work is nothing but excellent. I am also probably working way too hard to earn $5 haha!

But quality work cannot be demonstrated for the things I am doing without people actually buying.

I am also probably working way too hard to earn $5 haha!

That’s very common at the beginning, pretty much everyone did it at first. 🙂

Guest uxreview

My response is a bit off topic, but you mentioned that you’re working too hard for $5 so I figured I can maybe give you some pointers. I took your website performance & security gig as an example and here’s what bugs me about it 🙂

• Why is the profile photo blurred?
  • Your video doesn’t really explain what you do and how you do it. What sets you apart from the rest? Show us before/after examples. I like the personal touch you’ve added to your profile, but you’re not really utilizing your videos. Do a screen sharing video and show us your work. You can still keep your own video in the corner.
  • SSL certificate nowadays doesn’t really attracting high-end clients. Majority of decent hosting service providers offer it for free together with configuration. I wouldn’t consider it as your selling point. It should be 1 action item out of 15.
  • If you’re specializing in security then go beyond SSL. Out of my last 20 clients I think only 2 are using free security plugins. All other clients are using either Sucuri, Cloudflare premium packages or something similar. They pay the monthly fee and I charge way more than $5 to set it up. Why? They understand that their customer data (especially billing information) is worth more than $5. If they don’t then it’s your job to make them understand it 😉

If I was you I would offer security packages to clients and recreate your videos

• In the video you should first explain why it’s needed
  • While talking show some stats from 2017 to prove your point. (None of that “I heard” stuff, only facts)
  • Showcase before & after stats from one of your clients (ex. a client was hacked 3 months ago and lost X amount in revenue. After hiring you they’ve had X amount of attacks without a single breach)
  • List 10-15 actions you will take and how much it will cost
  • Explain delivery time & check-in process if there is any

You might still need to start low, but not at $5 if your video is convincing.
You seem like a nice guy so hopefully there are at least 1-2 nuggets you find useful.

That’s for you to figure out… just like the rest of us have had to figure that out for our own gigs.

Guest logoeasy

There are platforms where you pay as low as $3 for 1000 as impressions (not Adwords) and these are high quality and highly niche targeted platforms. So, assume you advertise your gig there (allowed as per Fiverr TOS) and out of 1000 impressions you get 20 visits and out of 20 visits, 3 sales ? Not bad, right ?
I have not tried any of these for my Fiverr gigs. But, these have worked very well for me in my other activities.

My response is a bit off topic, but you mentioned that you’re working too hard for $5 so I figured I can maybe give you some pointers. I took your website performance & security gig as an example and here’s what bugs me about it 🙂

• Why is the profile photo blurred?
  • Your video doesn’t really explain what you do and how you do it. What sets you apart from the rest? Show us before/after examples. I like the personal touch you’ve added to your profile, but you’re not really utilizing your videos. Do a screen sharing video and show us your work. You can still keep your own video in the corner.
  • SSL certificate nowadays doesn’t really attracting high-end clients. Majority of decent hosting service providers offer it for free together with configuration. I wouldn’t consider it as your selling point. It should be 1 action item out of 15.
  • If you’re specializing in security then go beyond SSL. Out of my last 20 clients I think only 2 are using free security plugins. All other clients are using either Sucuri, Cloudflare premium packages or something similar. They pay the monthly fee and I charge way more than $5 to set it up. Why? They understand that their customer data (especially billing information) is worth more than $5. If they don’t then it’s your job to make them understand it 😉

If I was you I would offer security packages to clients and recreate your videos

• In the video you should first explain why it’s needed
  • While talking show some stats from 2017 to prove your point. (None of that “I heard” stuff, only facts)
  • Showcase before & after stats from one of your clients (ex. a client was hacked 3 months ago and lost X amount in revenue. After hiring you they’ve had X amount of attacks without a single breach)
  • List 10-15 actions you will take and how much it will cost
  • Explain delivery time & check-in process if there is any

You might still need to start low, but not at $5 if your video is convincing.

You seem like a nice guy so hopefully there are at least 1-2 nuggets you find useful.

I appreciate the honest feedback!

I have updated my profile picture (found a larger one to use).

I also updated the video on my best selling gig. I hate cameras so it’s hard for me to not seem scripted. But hopefully, I said what needed to be said.

Thanks again!

Archived