Heads up before offering your services

thepromogirl

Reply to @matt_garry: Which I will NEVER understand, adult content is a violation of Fiverr’s TOS then why in hell was there a “fetish” category when you created a gig?

I remembered when I went to create a gig for “your message on my hand/sign” clicked on “Fun & Bizarre” then subcategory and then "fetish"

It’s gone now, I had to check to make sure I was talking about the right location. But strangely, the gig category still exists (that I googled). I’m not trying to split hairs or speak poorly of any one with those gigs but the definition of fetish is: “A s****l fixation or obsession with a usually non-s****l object.” How is that not adult content? It makes zero sense to me. Like I said, I’m not trying to split hairs this is clearly just small talk. I could care less, but when I seen it I was thinking… What? I couldn’t rest easy knowing my site was the #1 place to get $5 fetish videos. Lol.

Guest marsch001

Wow. I’m glad I don’t have a video gig and have never considered having a video gig because this is insane! It’s bad enough that people send me, without asking, text to be translated that’s used to draw people into sex sites (you know the type, it’s on almost every website with ads), but this would be too much. I did have one guy message me asking if I could take a photo of “two cute girls” holding a sign at a Swedish landmark “for his friend”. I said no, of course. Now I’m thinking I’m even more glad; even if the message had been innocent, who knows what they might’ve changed it to digitally afterwards?

I wonder how many women (and men, although maybe not quite as many?) have to deal with this all the time - it’s one thing for people to message to ask if they can do it, but how many have to cancel orders that have already been placed and then they ask for such content. I hope it’s something they can have removed by CS, so they don’t have to have that affecting their rating, which I know is a major problem.

Guest mrspanda

Kinda off topic, but- just so some of you know how much it’s worth.

I worked in a dungeon a few years ago and one of my best friends is a professional dominatrix. A 2 minute video of her feet stepping on yogurt or cake? She charged $450 dollars for it.

Just a little perspective of how much some of you, that care, are getting ripped off. 😛 But, if you don’t care, no worries.

Reply to @mrspanda: One of the reasons why sellers shouldn’t be offering their services for peanuts. If a 30 sec video is good enough for $5, then stick with it because anything more than that will cause you a loss in your time and effort. Better to be having those extra time for leisure 🙂

Reply to @alliemadison12: Actually, yes they are and they’re in magazines too. However, that’s a complete separate thing from Fiverr. Everything goes through my agency, and I know what company I am going to prior to castings. If I get cast a contract is drawn up, and is it read through. I know what they are being used for because it’s made aware to me in the contract.

It’s not like here where some random person placed an order with any approval asking me to pose holding a sign for their ‘penile enlargement’ product. Yeah, no thank you. Lol.

• 4 months later...

I guess this is the risk of selling real life pictures of you to strangers on the net. You never know where they’re going to end up - and you’ll never be able to control them once you send the image.

Of course many people don’t want there pictures on adult sites - but if you are going to send strangers videos/pictures of your self you should be aware it may happen and be ready to accept it. This is a good tip to people who have gigs like this, be aware and be prepared!

jasveena said: I couldn't get FB to close the page down by force even after getting support from my friends.

You can, and quickly! You just have to file a copyright/DMCA report to them and link where you photos is being used. Say you'll file suit see how fast you get a response! They typically have the email or form on their site. Google has the same option - I've done it before with people stealing photos pretending to "be me" and I usually get a response and the photo is pulled down in less 24-hours.

I know in the US copyright/DMCA is punishable up to $100,000 and federal prison... so people take it very seriously if you report it and do so correctly. I have no problem taking legal action.. :)

I’ve definitely come across some of these requests and likewise have turn them down. That is exactly why I don’t show my face on any pictures. If it doesn’t bother you then that is ok, but personally I think some people are just looking for other ways to exploit people. Thank you for posting btw. 🙂

Archived