My Fiverr Pro experience, 37 orders in - AMA!

paulmaplesden

I don’t know why but the sharing of your income puts me off a bit, which I know you acknowledged and you are free to do as you wish, but here’s why:

There has been a lot of sellers grasping at straws lately with a massive decline in sales, so to have high personal figures shown by someone who is new on the platform and was invited to be on an elite level that 98% of sellers will never be part of, feels funny. You’re doing extremely well, but unfortunately it might be at the expense of others. Not directly of course, but Fiverr has been making a lot of changes and tests lately (including the Pro program) to favour higher price points, which have drastically changed a system that was previously working really well for a lot of people.

Anyways, I know we gotta adapt, yadda yadda, but I was just disheartened reading this knowing how difficult it has been for some people around here, who had previously enjoyed income levels similar or close to you.

I don’t know why but the sharing of your income puts me off a bit

I disagree 100%. Anyone can brag about being successful, but only those who are willing to show their income are truly successful.

There has been a lot of sellers grasping at straws lately with a massive decline in sales,

So? That doesn’t mean we’re a bunch of snowflakes who need coloring books and hugs because we’re not making the money we used to make.

You’re doing extremely well, but unfortunately it might be at the expense of others.

I think that’s ridiculous. He’s charing $100 for a blog post, not everyone can afford that. His market is very different from most seller’s markets. He’s probably hired by big shots, advertising agencies, SEO agencies, busy executives, successful bloggers, etc. He’s not getting his competitors banned from Fiverr.

Besides, do you think everyone can write awesome business and tech content like Paul does? Not everyone can. I have a friend who’s a full-time mom and homemaker, she used to be a copywriter at an ad agency, and she’s making a fortune writing blogs about food, babies, childcare, etc. It’s her passion and she knows her stuff, just like I’m sure Paul has a passion for business and tech.

Fiverr has been making a lot of changes and tests lately (including the Pro program) to favour higher price points

I agree, a lot of the changes have been absolute horrifying. As a demoted TRS who has a job interview tomorrow to make $25 an hour at some 9 to 5, I resent all these changes, I resent being forced to changed my lifestyle, but I accept that Fiverr will do whatever they want regardless of what we want.

My point is we all have to change as Fiverr changes. Maybe delete some “bad” gigs that have a high refund rate or negative reviews. Raise or lower prices, change delivery dates, and find a way to get what you want even if it seems that Fiverr is working against you.

My point is work within Fiverr’s new reality, because the good times are over. Gone are the days when I used to get 5 to 15 orders a day. Now if I don’t deliver all my orders, I don’t get more orders. It’s freaky, but I find myself delivering orders that are due in 2-days just to get more orders. I hate it, but what can I do about it? Nothing.

I disagree 100%. Anyone can brag about being successful, but only those who are willing to show their income are truly successful.

There has been a lot of sellers grasping at straws lately with a massive decline in sales,

So? That doesn’t mean we’re a bunch of snowflakes who need coloring books and hugs because we’re not making the money we used to make.

You’re doing extremely well, but unfortunately it might be at the expense of others.

I think that’s ridiculous. He’s charing $100 for a blog post, not everyone can afford that. His market is very different from most seller’s markets. He’s probably hired by big shots, advertising agencies, SEO agencies, busy executives, successful bloggers, etc. He’s not getting his competitors banned from Fiverr.

Besides, do you think everyone can write awesome business and tech content like Paul does? Not everyone can. I have a friend who’s a full-time mom and homemaker, she used to be a copywriter at an ad agency, and she’s making a fortune writing blogs about food, babies, childcare, etc. It’s her passion and she knows her stuff, just like I’m sure Paul has a passion for business and tech.

Fiverr has been making a lot of changes and tests lately (including the Pro program) to favour higher price points

I agree, a lot of the changes have been absolute horrifying. As a demoted TRS who has a job interview tomorrow to make $25 an hour at some 9 to 5, I resent all these changes, I resent being forced to changed my lifestyle, but I accept that Fiverr will do whatever they want regardless of what we want.

My point is we all have to change as Fiverr changes. Maybe delete some “bad” gigs that have a high refund rate or negative reviews. Raise or lower prices, change delivery dates, and find a way to get what you want even if it seems that Fiverr is working against you.

My point is work within Fiverr’s new reality, because the good times are over. Gone are the days when I used to get 5 to 15 orders a day. Now if I don’t deliver all my orders, I don’t get more orders. It’s freaky, but I find myself delivering orders that are due in 2-days just to get more orders. I hate it, but what can I do about it? Nothing.

Success is not measured in money alone. Success, according to the dictionary, means: “the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.” Accomplishing goals equals success.

The problem a vast majority of sellers here on Fiverr have (particularly the ones who keep complaining on the forums that they haven’t made a sale in months), is that they aren’t setting any goals, and they aren’t doing what is needed to achieve those goals.

Making money is one goal, and yes, achieving that goal equals success. But not every goal that a freelancer has is so heavily steeped in money or profit.

I’m a little disturbed by your claim that no one is successful, unless they show you exactly how much they earn. How much money someone earns is, to be completely honest, neither yours, nor anyone else’s business.

As a demoted TRS

Heh. You owe me another quarter. :roll_eyes:

With the sheer number of times that you keep reminding us of this, I could be rich!

because the good times are over.

I disagree. The times are what YOU make them. Even the poorest person can find things they love about life. Just because we struggle, does not mean that “the good times” are over.

Success is not measured in money alone. Success, according to the dictionary, means: “the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.” Accomplishing goals equals success.

The problem a vast majority of sellers here on Fiverr have (particularly the ones who keep complaining on the forums that they haven’t made a sale in months), is that they aren’t setting any goals, and they aren’t doing what is needed to achieve those goals.

Making money is one goal, and yes, achieving that goal equals success. But not every goal that a freelancer has is so heavily steeped in money or profit.

I’m a little disturbed by your claim that no one is successful, unless they show you exactly how much they earn. How much money someone earns is, to be completely honest, neither yours, nor anyone else’s business.

As a demoted TRS

Heh. You owe me another quarter. :roll_eyes:

With the sheer number of times that you keep reminding us of this, I could be rich!

because the good times are over.

I disagree. The times are what YOU make them. Even the poorest person can find things they love about life. Just because we struggle, does not mean that “the good times” are over.

Maybe it does to you, but not to me. I measure success in dollars or in sales, or both.

The good times are over for me and lots of people. Those of us who are not making what we use to make resent it. It’s the gig economy’s version of the great depression.

Yesterday I paid $35 for a background check so I can work for Rover, a dog app for dog walkers. Have I gotten a single order? No!

Tomorrow I have a job interview. Full-time, $25 an hour. $1,000 a week before taxes. Honestly, I’d rather make $500 a week on Fiverr, but since I’m not making it, I have no choice but to find full-time work.

• 2 weeks later...

wow old thread. my original comment was purely a ‘reading the room’ type of observation since

there was a lot of downward changes to people’s fiverr businesses at that time and pro was fresh on the scene getting a huge amount of support from fiverr itself. i know facts are worth more than feelings, but feelings do count for something and that was all i was pointing out.

Archived