Multiple Gigs, Same Genre?

lucycodex

I have multiple writing gigs, one where I write general blog posts/articles, one where I write erotic stories, and a new one where I write journalistic and news pieces.

I am curious though, does this really work to net more sales? Does making multiple gigs that are only slightly different at their core really benefit the seller in the long run?

Just a curiosity.

I wouldn’t think of it as getting “more” sales, rather sales from a different stream of offering. If you write, you write, so all your sales will come from your choice of services. I have multiple voiceover gigs and multiple video gigs that are slightly different in their offerings. On the back end (my end) the work process is the same, but the output is varied…slightly. Look at it as a way of spreading your services to buyers who will search for one or the other.
In my experience it works, but I view them all as one big gig offering different flavors…like Coke, Cherry Coke, Diet Coke, etc.
(please note: I am not sponsored by Coke products and my reference was purely anecdotal )😁

Multiple gigs would work if your gig is laser-focused and serves a SINGLE niche/purpose only.

For e.g:
I will write product description for Amazon Products
I will write product description for Ali Baba products.

Both are for writing product descriptions and are very specific. So multiple instances of the same works here.

But for e.g:
I will write product descriptions for E-commerce platform products

This covers all the above. So you really wouldn’t need multiple gigs.

Also, you may wish to utilize the maximum of gigs available to you, for better exposure, by creating something for DIFFERENT parent categories, instead of having all your gigs stem from the same category.

Hope that made sense.

Multiple gigs would work if your gig is laser-focused and serves a SINGLE niche/purpose only.

For e.g:

I will write product description for Amazon Products

I will write product description for Ali Baba products.

Both are for writing product descriptions and are very specific. So multiple instances of the same works here.

But for e.g:

I will write product descriptions for E-commerce platform products

This covers all the above. So you really wouldn’t need multiple gigs.

Also, you may wish to utilize the maximum of gigs available to you, for better exposure, by creating something for DIFFERENT parent categories, instead of having all your gigs stem from the same category.

Hope that made sense.

True, but I don’t want to make a gig for something I am not entirely confident in. For instance, I can edit, but I am not as good at it as I am writing. I guess I can make a gig about commenting on a blog?

True, but I don’t want to make a gig for something I am not entirely confident in. For instance, I can edit, but I am not as good at it as I am writing. I guess I can make a gig about commenting on a blog?

Of course, this is your business, and you should always put your best foot forward, when serving your product/service.

If you offer a service which you are naturally good and confident at, your work is half done.

So offer services that benefits you and where you won’t have to struggle with it.

First ask yourself the question that if you were in need of a particular service on Fiverr, what would you enter as the search term. Try to recognise all this sorts of service and seperate the ones that you can do and create gig for each of it.

Archived