Why contacting the seller should be mandatory?

daredez

I’m not sure if I want to order a gig then wait around for hours to see if the seller is willing to accept the work or not. It’s sort of like I am begging to give someone money and do work for me. It’s kinda humiliating.

I mean what kind of a platform makes the customer wait and beg.

I don’t have the option to deny people on Amazon when they want to buy my books - I wish I could block some buyers. There are plenty of cheezy, scammy buyers who will read the eBook and return it for a full refund. Really annoying. 😏

I don’t even know who these buyers are on Amazon - only what country they live in. At least on Fiverr, you sorta know who the customers are and communicate with them - you can leave them a bad review in return for the bad review they give you. If they don’t review you then you don’t review them.

Chargeback is a pain on Fiverr - from what I’ve read - but on Amazon, they just flat-out refund the customer.

I mean are there that many buyers on Fiverr that are so horrible that you need to really make everyone beg?

If I see a gig I like or want, I will order, I will fill out your requirement, if you have questions - ask me, if not, then deliver by the deadline. If you don’t want to work with me, then fine, refund me and I’ll go my merry way and order from someone else.

There are plenty of sellers on Fiverr. I won’t beg or sit around waiting for someone to accept or reject my money.

I’m not sure if I want to order a gig then wait around for hours to see if the seller is willing to accept the work or not. It’s sort of like I am begging to give someone money and do work for me. It’s kinda humiliating.

That’s perfectly reasonable. If the gig says ‘I will do X work in Y time for Z money’ buyers should be able to hit ORDER immediately. But for custom work which is not discussed, and where the seller asks to be contacted, I think the seller has a good point too.

I mean are there that many buyers on Fiverr that are so horrible that you need to really make everyone beg?

I agree with you on this one. My experience has been that 97.32% of my buyers have been simply awesome. The remaining ones weren’t buyers at all since I respectfully gave them a refund because they refused to read the gig description.

Fiverr shouldn’t make it mandatory to contact the seller, but as a buyer, it would definitely make things smoother for both if they heed the seller’s request if the seller has mentioned on the gig page that they prefer to be contacted first.

@misscrystal I used to think it was just me. If this is happening to everyone in all niches (I remember @emmaki mentioning recent bad reviews because buyer didn’t read description), it makes me wonder if writing smaller descriptions and disabling gig packages will make it less confusing for buyers? The packages and gig extras seems really tacky to me.

“I will do X for a 5$ gig, anything else, please contact me for custom offer”? << I did that for most of my gigs and it worked out well.

That’s perfectly reasonable. If the gig says ‘I will do X work in Y time for Z money’ buyers should be able to hit ORDER immediately. But for custom work which is not discussed, and where the seller asks to be contacted, I think the seller has a good point too.

I agree with you on this one. My experience has been that 97.32% of my buyers have been simply awesome. The remaining ones weren’t buyers at all since I respectfully gave them a refund because they refused to read the gig description.

Fiverr shouldn’t make it mandatory to contact the seller, but as a buyer, it would definitely make things smoother for both if they heed the seller’s request if the seller has mentioned on the gig page that they prefer to be contacted first.

@misscrystal I used to think it was just me. If this is happening to everyone in all niches (I remember @emmaki mentioning recent bad reviews because buyer didn’t read description), it makes me wonder if writing smaller descriptions and disabling gig packages will make it less confusing for buyers? The packages and gig extras seems really tacky to me.

“I will do X for a 5$ gig, anything else, please contact me for custom offer”? << I did that for most of my gigs and it worked out well.

I don’t have packages enabled. People just don’t bother to read for some reason. They hit that order button because it’s only $5 without thinking. Then they don’t really know what they got.

Fiver is geared toward that kind of quick impulse buy. The packages are meant to counteract that.

I’m not sure how well they do that.

So many people who spend $5 are so unconcerned that they forget they got anything and never come back to start the order.

I don’t have packages enabled. People just don’t bother to read for some reason. They hit that order button because it’s only $5 without thinking. Then they don’t really know what they got.

Fiver is geared toward that kind of quick impulse buy. The packages are meant to counteract that.

I’m not sure how well they do that.

So many people who spend $5 are so unconcerned that they forget they got anything and never come back to start the order.

I got a query from someone asking if I can build them something like Netflix for 5$. This is why it is sometimes a good idea to talk to sellers, to avoid unnecessary cancellations.

I think there has been a rise in motivational videos on Youtube these days. Every teen who watches those ‘be a lion, chase your dreams, nothing is impossible’ type of videos probably thinks “Let me go to Fiverr and get myself a Netflix and become a millionaire”. 5$ wouldn’t even cover monthly rental for Netflix, but that’s why they are called dreams, I guess 😂

Archived