"Average Days" Delivery Number may cause sellers to lose sales (with screenshot)

hotwebideas

I have a gig that I delivered on average 9 days in the past. Now, I changed it to 3 days, but the gig says that the Average Delivery Day is 9 days?

I think that is not a good idea and Fiverr should fix that. If I tell buyers that I deliver in 3 days, Fiverr should not tell buyers that I deliver on average 9 days. People will not buy my gig if they think I take that long to deliver and my sales have been down.

Does it really matter how long I delivered in the past? Do buyers care??? No.

It should only matter how long my gig is set to deliver right now.

Doesn’t matter what sellers think, but what buyers will do. Please tell me they didn’t add this.

As a buyer, I would run SCREAMING from your gig desribed above!

With fiverr’s new-found love of “analystics” it just another number the kids who work there can fabricate–wow-look --a number we can show everyone!

But it measures something that is not at all important, is misleading, and one again, harmful to poor dedicated sellers.

“How many days to deliver” is 100% irrelevant. Its the percentage, or accuracity of the number of days RELATIVE TO the promised # of days that is critical (98% on time for 3 days gigs, 90% for 5-day gigs).

And yes, perspective on how many of those gigs have been completed also becomes important. Keeping a 95% delivery time over 300 3-day orders is big!

Gigs are different number of days for different reasons. To invalidate a longer delivery time across a seller’s entire range of offered gigs is just disrespectful to them again.

It handicaps their ability to compete on shorter gigs fairly because buyers will see the “average” and run screaming away to whoever appears to have a average delivery that matches the stated gig length.

And really–now we want more pressure on sellers and increased expectations of buyers beyond the agreed-on gig length?

That a 3-day gig has been, on average for this seller, 2 days? Since the contract is 3 days will the buyer be annoyed if the seller actually delivers in…3 days??? What???

gailf said: That a 3-day gig has been, on average for this seller, 2 days? Since the contract is 3 days will the buyer be annoyed if the seller actually delivers in....3 days???

Either way, this has to be fixed. If I say that I deliver in 3 days, Fiverr should not tell the buyers that I deliver in 9 days.

I think they are “trying” to give an accurate assessment of your on-time delivery, or whether you are late. They are trying to tell us historically whether you deliver or not.

If it has always been a 5-day delivery and you have not been meeting that 5-day period, then as a buyer I would want to know that you missed delivery on a regular basis. If 70% of the time on 30 completed gigs, you finished it in 6 days then yes, it is relevant to a buyer.

Either way, they’ve completely messed it up since you changed delivery times and a number like that “alone” is misleading anyway. Hope they fix it for you and others, it really must be hurting gigs!

gailf said: If it has always been a 5-day delivery and you have not been meeting that 5-day period, then as a buyer I would want to know that you missed delivery on a regular basis. If 70% of the time on 30 completed gigs, you finished it in 6 days then yes, it is relevant to a buyer.

Wait, there is some confusion. Please don't confuse late deliveries with the set delivery date. We are talking about 2 different things here.

Allow me to clear this up for you. I have always delivered on time. I was never late with my delivery. Not once. However, sometimes I had this gig set for delivery for 21 days. Sometimes, I have it set for 3 days. Sometimes 9 days. Sometime 15, but I always delivered on time. They were ALL delivered 100% on time.

Being that I have always delivered on time, what difference does it make where the average is. This particular gig has 100% positive feedback and right now, I deliver it in 3 days, so Fiverr should tell people that it delivers in 3 days.

I hope I made that clearer. Bottom line: I never missed a delivery and was never late, but Fiverr should tell people what the TRUE present delivery day is, not what the average was from the past.

Guest mrspanda

I messaged CS about this a month ago. I used to have a 10 day delivery because I was in surgery and I needed a few days to recover… I have long since changed my delivery to 4 days and I have brought my average time from 10 to 6 now to 5 days. Took a long time and a lot of very early, sometimes same day deliveries, to make this happen.

CS said that’s the only way to change it- deliver super early to bring up the average. 😕

Reply to @hotwebideas: Very true i co-sign your point . If though anyone is away regularly or for other urgent reasons , they should just suspend there gigs until they return , ok so it may mean you dropping out the search engine results for a few days but at least you won’t ruin your reliability score in the process . Plus can anyone tell me which day of the month are cleared commissions paid on ?!

bitbyteworld said: There is no Average calculation by fiverr. It is as you set as GIG DELIVERY TIME and can change to any days instantly. I just checked and it reflects the changes instantly.

If you don't see it, then you are not looking in the right place. On the new site, look on the right side for each gig. It is clear. It says "X DAYS ON AVERAGE"

In case you still missed it, I just posted a screenshot for you.

Please correct me.

These Average Days are simply the delivery date we set in GIG. T does not variate as per when we deliver that gig.

Like i said earlier. I set a deliver date as 8 days to one of my GIG and it was showing 8 days on average. Then i change it to 4 days and it was showing 4 days on average. This happened instantly. So i guess it has nothing to do with when we deliver or not.

Reply to @mrspanda:

I have to agree, My voicemail gig had a delivery of 5 days when I started it. But have been using it as a 24 hr delivery. I’ve received questions from my buyers… “Umm why do you say 24 but fiverr says 3? I feel like that is a scam” to me that is very demotivating as a seller…

They need to allow us to change it and reflect it accurately. I’m in the military so I have times where I will be temporarily away from a computer so I have to extend delivery dates.

Fiverr needs to allow us to show this time based on what WE can do, not what they think we can do.

Archived