Where oh Where could my Little Gig be?

annieanimation

As a newbie, I’m curious where our new little giggies go on their first day/s at Fiverr. Are they all gathered up and taken to Room Infinity and given a thorough briefing and released one by one?

After posting my one and only gig a week ago, it was found floating somewhere off the South China Sea by a wonderful first buyer who liked what I was offering.

However, 'Ive still yet to sight my own giggie in the Fiverr nursery!

Any enlightenment from you pros out there would be great.

Also, any advice as to what extra promotion would be beneficial to get a gig on its feet would be very welcome,
Cheers
Annie

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Its now 2 weeks later and I STILL havent sighted my gig… even scrolling til nothing more to load. I have had 4 gig sales and I just cant figure out how that’s happened. Is there any reason why I wouldn’t be able to see my own gig? I’ve used different key words when searching too…

Has anyone else had this experience?

2nd update…I posted a new gig 10 days ago… I’ve Just sighted that one miles down in the newbs listings.
No sales to date…no surprises there ,lol.
Gig info: Impressions 83, Clicks 42, views 66
So,I’m guessing that means something is wrong with the gig… 😃

Use exact keywords to find your gig. If you use better seo than chances are quite high of finding your own gig. If you use better keywords, your gig would show up when people look for something specific related to your gig.

Ive tried to present this missing gig using a different more ‘catchy’ title as’ they’ recommend to do. I used the word bespoke in the title. Even using the exact wording ( well,as much of it as fiverr allows in a search) or the word ‘bespoke’, it’s still a no show in the fiverr search.

Should i completely reword this title following the crowd? That’s certainly not what I wanted to achieve.

Well, I checked your gig and the problem is that, you can’t find yourself with beautiful words. People won’t look for you with “blow yer socks off” Try to use the most parts of gig title with common keywords. Like in my gig if I do PDF search I will come up somewhere in the search result. And If i do exceptional PDF i will come up at the top. Which means you are misusing your opportunity of being found with using “blow yer socks off with a”. You can do that later when you grow here. Do what works, I faced the same problem when i was creating my gigs. But later on i tested and I put what worked for me.

I’ve been having the same issue since I signed up for this site. I’ve asked customer support for help and they’ve told me everything is fine and yes, afterwards I’ll be able to find my gig listed for about a day. Then it disappears again.

I don’t think search terms (or having a Gig Video or activating Gig packages or the other stock advice given on this forum) are relevant, since I would expect, at the very minimum, to be able to find my gig at the bottom of the New tab in the category I’m supposed to be listed under.

Though, search and categories were completely broken for several hours today and no one seems to have noticed. Or people noticed and just don’t care. That also concerns me, along with the super important spam post pinned to the top of every forum that is still there…

Hey @ilyosinn, thanks for your reply… I wondered about that. Everything you read about setting up good, memorable gigs suggests to be individual but I realise those aren’t buyer searching terms. So I’ll reword the title to something more mainstream and see if the gig pops up anywhere. The stats tell me its being seen but goodness knows where. ;D

Archived