The First Few Months

Guest kirstenm

Guest kirstenm

I’ve been working on Fiverr for a few months now and here’s what I’ve learned.

1. Be yourself and let others do their own thing.

No one operates in the exact same way you do. Not everyone will communicate like you or as frequently as you would like. Not everyone is as detailed oriented or organized and so on. Don’t get frustrated if someone isn’t the same as you. Just be yourself in the most respectful way possible and let other people do the same.

1. It’s okay to say no.

If there’s something that you feel is too much for you to handle, you don’t have to do it. I wouldn’t make it a habit of turning away every project that seems too hard, so choose wisely. Know what you’re capable of doing and don’t stress yourself out.

1. It’s okay to take a break.

No one is a robot that can work all day without stopping. Take time for yourself - eat, sleep, and do something fun. Buyers will understand that you are only human. Sometimes a 24-hour turn around is just not possible.

1. Communication is key.

Always communicate with your buyers and let them know what’s going on or if you have any questions. They will certainly appreciate it! Take out all the guess work and make sure you fully understand what the buyer wants. I don’t think anyone likes a seller that just disappears either. For projects that take longer than you expected, you may want to send the buyer a message that tells them you’re still working hard!

1. Always be respectful.

There may be times when you deal with an angry or unreasonable buyer, but don’t lose your cool! Stay professional. Your tone may come off wrong through your message, so be careful what you say.

1. You might lose a buyer.

Sometimes you might feel like you have too much work on your plate. You’ve turned away a buyer and you feel like your workload will never pick up again. That’s not true. In any business, you will lose a few customers here and there because your schedules didn’t line up or your needs were different. That doesn’t mean that it’s the end of the world. Other people will want to hire you, so don’t get discouraged.

Keep working hard and do what you can. Don’t stretch yourself too thin. You can succeed!

They are good tips and the “take a break” one is excellent! Also, don’t forget, promoting on the Fiverr forum alone won’t yield much. Most readers are sellers, not buyers. Get out there on those gaming forums and other places related to what you sell. Get active. In a few weeks - promote there. It’s a must to make it in niche fields.

Guest kirstenm

When I first started on fiverr I barely got any orders, but now that I’ve had tons of kind reviews and people are noticing me I have lots of work! It just takes time to get started.

Archived