Worried about gig I ordered, is that a scam technique?

Guest mlclm_design

Guest mlclm_design

ok here’s the scenario, I wonder if this is a scam… Could really be a sneaky technique for getting money without doing anything.

Day 1: Before my order, I ask the seller if I can get a song sample with my music , which he does and sings for 1 minute. So I placed an order for a custom song from seller with some new music I send him, I give clear instructions on the order page along with the music attached as mp3.

Day 2 : seller marks the gig as complete (note: from that moment, there is a message saying “This order will be marked as complete in 3 days” basically the order will auto-finalize in 3 days if I don’t finalize it myself by marking it as complete) ,problem: he didn’t attach any files, nothing was delivered.

So I asked him if he forgot to attach it maybe ? He looks new to selling on fiverr so I gave him benefit of the doubt. He replied that he was sorry and he did forgot to attach it and that he will send it. ok that happens, no problem. Then I was surprised to receive a new message with a file attached but only about 3 or 4 hours later after he said he had forgot to attach it. Anyway maybe he wasn’t on his computer or he had to do something else who knows. Problem 2 : the file attached is the same file which he made as a demo sample before the order was placed. It is not what I asked for, he didn’t use the music I sent on the order page, it’s just the same demo file. I began to worry and asked him what the hell was that, didn’t he see my instructions and the music I sent to make the song ? From that point I begin to think either I’m dealing with a scammer, or a total retard to which you have to repeat things again and again before he understands. I was really confused.

Day 3 : after I explained to him at the end of day 2 that he sent the wrong file and asked him if he saw my instructions along with the music file I sent to do the gig, he said he simply didn’t see the message with the file and my instructions. Again, I gave him benefit of the doubt but it’s seriously getting annoying and I’m losing patience at that point. I know fiverr has some bugs here and there, or maybe he just didn’t pay attention he’s just a bad seller to deal with. Anyway, I ask him to hurry because now, the gig will auto finalize and there is no way I’m losing my $36 on this. So he says that he is sorry, he now has the file, instructions, and will do it withn 24/48 hours.

Day 4 ( today ) he sent me another message saying he will be sending the gig “sometime during the day”. I think it sounds really vague and I’m 78.9% sure he’s probably trying to play the clock to get the gig auto-finalized without delivering anything. I’m worried because I think it will auto finalize sometime in the next 20-something-hours. What do you think ? What would you do ? I’m about to use the resolution center and ask to cancel, I think this will block the auto-finalize process correct ? Any advice is welcome, thank you.

Guest mlclm_design

Yea I’m just gonna do that now. Little ******* is trying to play me I think. There’s even a cancellation reason for "The seller sent a final delivery message without providing an attachment. " that’s exactly my case. Thanks for your reply.

Guest mlclm_design

Yea I’m just gonna do that know. There’s even a cancellation reason for "The seller sent a final delivery message without providing an attachment. " Thanks for your reply.

I wouldn’t guess on a real scam since Fiverr would probably resolve it. However I think you should ask for a mutual cancellation. Even if he delivers the chemistry seems bad and then the result will likely be poor as well. A delivered poor job is still a delivered job.

It’s speculative but it might go down like this:

1. He think he just won the lottery and earned a quick buck.
  2. He then realize he didn’t even start the actual job and get pissed.
  3. He will rush it through just to finilize the stupid gig.
  4. Poor results and no one is happy.

Hopefully you already got a good song. You should report back 🙂

Good luck

Guest mlclm_design

Thanks for you replyrasmusb. Exactly my thoughts, I’m concerned he will just rush the thing for the sake of delivering something. This situation sucks. I’ve asked for a mutual cancelation with “seller failed providing an attachment” as a reason. I’m in my right because I havn’t got anything so far - even hours after he said he would provide the file. It’s been nearly 24 hours now since he said he will deliver the correct song. This really sucks I lost so much time, I hope I will be able to leave feedback to warn buyers how mediocre this guy is. There’s like 2 days before automatic cancellation if he doesn’t agree on cancelling.

Guest mlclm_design

UPDATE : The order was automaticly canceled by the system ( had to wait 2 days since he didn’t do anything to accept the cancellation ). What a total waste of time. He goes by the name o f****** here’s his profile
Do not buy from this kid he will just try to get your money and waste your time.

It looks like I can’t even leave a feedback ? I wanted to warn people by sharing the terrible experience I had with this guy. I can’t see any link to leave feedback ?

I havn’t had that happen in some time but I believe it gives a 0 star review by default followed by “Cancelled order. Seller failed to deliver on time!”. I believe there is a 24 hr delay on this review though.

May I ask if you blurred out the name and link by yourself or staff did? Just curious. Either way you got your money back. There are probably other better sellers out there who can do the job.

Archived