It would be nice if fiverr allow us to do video call or just call option

preetiyoga

I think some time written instructions are not enough. and client dosent have time to make screen video or can be any reason. If we have option where we can make a call would be very helpful. I know sharing personal info on fiverr is not allowed.Today I had to do it because i needed to talk the client and I Got account warning 😦 I only did it for clear instruction.

I am sure it will help everyone.

I agree with with preetiyoga…and I am a Buyer!
It is very frustrating, not to mention labor intensive, to get your point across to a Seller most times without being able to have a quick 5 minute discussion. I could accomplish so much more with a 5 minute discussion rather than going back and forth thru Fiverr with message after message…5 minutes versus 3 hours!!!

Did the buyer you talked to already pay for the gig? Or did you give out your phone number before they paid?

And the thing about Fiverr is you have to get good at getting better written instructions, by asking lots of questions. Like misscrystal says, it is very important for you to have written records of everything. If people talked on the phone and said what they wanted, and then you deliver something they do not like and say you did not follow your instructions, what proof for Fiverr do you have that you did what they asked you to do?

Reply to @sincere18: client bought my gig and instruction was confusing so I asked for s***e so we can talk not for taking client out of fiverr. I agree with miss crystal and you. confusion i had was getting worse with writing messages back and forth. Regarding proof we need info submitted from client as a proof. call option can enhance the experience

I hope I dont get effected with that account warning…

Reply to @preetiyoga: I think as long as you do not do it again, hopefully it won’t effect your account. A warning is just a warning.

BUt let me ask you this, what kind of gig did they buy? I looked at your gigs and all of them seem very straight forward. Even a VA gig, someone should clearly be able to tell you what they want. So also be a little careful if someone is trying to give you instructions that are too confusing you may sometimes want to do a mutual cancellation up front. Because if they cannot clearly write to you what they want, then it’s also possible that there will be more problems along the way.

So for this gig, did talking with them on s***e clear up all the instructions? Or was part of the confusion the language barrier too?

• 2 years later...

Fiverr can keep a record of the video call too, and check if the client or the seller has any instruction to make a payment outside or not. Because my client wants my work directly by speaking and learning small things. Both way there could be proper understandings of the order.

Archived