I created my first gig! Now What?!

bomajed

Reply to @vedmak: The only potential it needs is to snag a little traffic to my promo Fiverr gigs. That’s the only reason it exists. 😉

Well, that’s not entirely true. It’s also a little experiment. The only self-made-multi-millionaire I’ve ever known personally used to ‘correct’ me all the time for making things too neat, too good. His theory (and it certainly worked in his business) was that unless you are selling incredibly high-end product to wealthy people, you’ll just alienate the ‘commoners’ with too much quality - even if that quality is only perceived. I’ve noticed over the past few years that my most financially successful acquaintances are the ones who do things quickly and sloppily. I personally wouldn’t hire a writer who has no grasp of grammar or a mechanic whose work truck stalls, but I seem to be in an increasingly small minority. Thus my great Fiverr experiment was born! (And if I make a few bucks, great.)

The color scheme is the closest thing to Fiverr branding I could find that did’t require any modification to the template. 😉

I still can’t force myself (nor am I willing) to not do good work - in fact I have a fully-functioning, high-quality business (which I dare not name on the forum), It’s Your Thing is a division offering “highly-affordable options” and then in January I started my budget-basement Fiverr experiment. Like you said in another thread - diversification.

Reply to @vedmak: The only potential it needs is to snag a little traffic to my promo Fiverr gigs. That’s the only reason it exists. 😉

Well, that’s not entirely true. It’s also a little experiment. The only self-made-multi-millionaire I’ve ever known personally used to ‘correct’ me all the time for making things too neat, too good. His theory (and it certainly worked in his business) was that unless you are selling incredibly high-end product to wealthy people, you’ll just alienate the ‘commoners’ with too much quality - even if that quality is only perceived. I’ve noticed over the past few years that my most financially successful acquaintances are the ones who do things quickly and sloppily. I personally wouldn’t hire a writer who has no grasp of grammar or a mechanic whose work truck stalls, but I seem to be in an increasingly small minority. Thus my great Fiverr experiment was born! (And if I make a few bucks, great.)

The color scheme is the closest thing to Fiverr branding I could find that did’t require any modification to the template. 😉

I still can’t force myself (nor am I willing) to not do good work - in fact I have a fully-functioning, high-quality business (which I dare not name on the forum), It’s Your Thing is a division offering “highly-affordable options” and then in January I started my budget-basement Fiverr experiment. Like you said in another thread - diversification.

Archived