I just reiveced a suspicious mess from lowetmathew and can't repond cause he's private. [ARCHIVED]

dusuacangmon

yes just got this mess today and can’t reply, in my email i read that he need me contact via email and it seem a spam mail in our community. I’ve seen a girl have same problem like me and her respond rate become 33% cause can’t reply to this user.

how can i solved this?

Reply to @dusuacangmon: I reckon it’s a virus one person or company is sending out cause I received it from two different accounts both called AnnBen with different numbers at the end. I googled the name Ann Ben as soon as I saw the suspicious message and loads of things came up about an Ann Ben being an automated spam catfish on dating sites lol! & The same message she sends.

This is a common piece of spam, if you search the forum for Ann Ben you’ll find another post I put up as a warning. Don’t worry too much about the response rate. I have heard that it has lowered response rate for some people. Fiverr will probably fix it eventually but the last time I saw staff post about it they had not yet made it where it wouldn’t reduce response rate.

The good news is that right now, response rate doesn’t mean much, no one can see it but you. While it might affect your rating someday, by then you’ll likely have it back up. Hopefully also Fiverr will fix it so that spam and reported messages don’t change the rate.

Here is a link to the other thread: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/77574/spamscam-asks-you-to-email-them

Archived