Email Follow Ups

purpledog32

Since being on Fiverr there have been times when a buyer will email me asking about rates etc. I respond back with the info and in some cases the seller will say they will submit an order that day. When I don’t receive an order in 24hrs…I will send a follow up email nicely asking if they have submitted a gig request. Do you think this is the right move or should I just assume they changed their mind? I don’t want to be pushy or look hard up for work.

I think you should send one follow-up email like you are currently doing, and then just forget about it and move on.

Remember you are now somewhat in the business of sales. And in sales it’s 9 no’s for every 1 yes. Meaning that buyers will go and get quotes from lots of people but not always place an order. Some say they will just to be polite because they do not know how to say no. Just because someone asks for a quote doesn’t mean they will actually buy.

Though if you are saying that you are consistently getting requests from buyers for a quote, they say yes, that sounds great, but then never order…well, if it is happening alot in that order, then there might be something else you want to look at maybe in how you are presenting the quotes or take notice if the buyer is a scam person in some way, not sure.

But if you give out lots of quotes and just don’t hear back, that’s normal business anywhere. And is part of doing business, meaning taking the time to quote jobs.

Archived