Fraudulent message alert

david388

Guest norrsken_marc

Reply to @thepromogirl: Unfortunately, the scammer wishes that we communicate via his email address and not have Fiverr take its share of the donation. Funny thing is that the “priest” created several accounts on Fiverr in order to “spread his riches” and that too is a no-no. He’s kind of playing with fire 🙂

Guest peppermint_wish

Why didn’t I receive this offer? I actually need that money… ahem

In all seriousness, I can’t believe this type of fraud made its way to this site. I wouldn’t believe this message anyways, warning or not.

Thanks though, sadly other people might fall for it and this thread can warn them before falling victims to the fraud.

norrsken_marc said: Unfortunately, the scammer wishes that we communicate via his email address and not have Fiverr take its share of the donation

Jeeze, what are they talking about?! That donation could very be tax deductible. Imagine what they 20% can do for the Fiverr community! ;D

Serious note: All users, please report suspicious messages like the ones mention here in this forum. You can do so by clicking the 'report' button in the lower right hand corner of any message in your inbox. This will give notice to Fiverr Trust & Safety team who will handle users trying scam you quickly. Do not fall for this kind of nonsense and do not contact anyone outside of Fiverr. This is a violation and you will just get yourself in trouble!

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea what you’re all talking about. I received a lovely message from Mr. Paul Anderson who told me his heartbreaking story about his heart surgery and that he wanted to kindly give me over 3.6million American dollars. I couldn’t say no. I need that money.

I’m currently retiring from Fiverr and spending the amount on a home in the Bahamas. I donated 10% to each charity of my choice and bought a couple of Ferarris too.

That and taking off the 100000000% for scam charges, will probably leave me with just a few cents to my name, but you’ve got to try!

Oh, in all seriousness for people who don’t understand sarcasm, report this felon and have done with it! Spamming people’s inboxes…how rude.

Archived