Fiverr wants to take my earned money?

insta_fiver

Reply to @insta_fiver:

insta_fiver said: You right I used Canadian proxy because buyers not believe sellers from Ukraine, Russia etc, and they don't want to work with people from such countries, but I think it can't be reason of to take my earned money....
What you think about it?

Fiverr is certainly aware that you manipulated your location and though they often look the other way they have demonstrated some new policies that suggest they are reconsidering.

As to what I think personally, I know of a TRS who has been posting lately who is from India. I won't mention the username although it's not hard to guess. How did that person make it to TRS although buyers may be biased against India? Probably by working double-time to get there and now has more success after earning TRS. It can be done and nationality isn't the only challenge, it's just one that can be faked. I admire people who make it there honestly. If it's worth a risk to be fake, though, go for it. On this one it could be part of what costs you $600.

Reply to @insta_fiver: You have part of the information Fiverr wants, not all of it, and you lied to them so of course they are ignoring you. They probably lost their cut of the funds too. I said to prove everything to them, not just part. You can’t prove you were in Canada because you were not in Canada.

Reply to @insta_fiver: I would read the fine print of Fiverr account. I am guessing you may not be allowed to do what you did. It would be one thing if you created an account at home, then went traveling and continued to do business, then when you got home went to withdraw your money. But is there any fine print int he Terms of Service about this when you are a seller?

Also, send an email to ask Fiverr support that same questions. Though it may take a few days

Reply to @insta_fiver: ok, so then when you were in good standing, you attached your Payoneer card to your Fiverr account…but did you ever use Payoneer anywhere else? Did you ever get money usng Payoneer from anyone else other than Fiverr?

And let’s say you were able to log into your Fiverr account and withdraw the money into a Payoneer account, how would you then get your money from Payoneer?

Reply to @insta_fiver: That might help you some. It probably depends on their proxy policies and also what else went wrong. Something brought your account to their attention and it probably wasn’t the proxy alone. Did you claim anything on your gigs that wasn’t accurate? This is not to accuse you, I’m really trying to help you figure out what you might be able to base an appeal on. Like I mentioned in another post, did you state in your gigs that your Instagram sales were for organic traffic when it wasn’t? If it wasn’t that, do you have any idea what they meant by irregular activity on your account? If you have an idea what they originally blocked you for it could help.

One other thing I think could cause you trouble is identity. You have to fill in first and last name when you create your account. When your account was blocked, if you had a name there that doesn’t match your passport that is probably an issue. I’m looking at the ToS and it is pretty clear you have to be able to show that you alone created the account. It doesn’t count if you have real identity on payment because the payment account is just linked to Fiverr but has it’s own ToS. I’ll reply to your newest question about countries after I finish reading.

Reply to @insta_fiver: Your question isn’t applicable here. For a physical move, you’ll have some proof whether passport stamp, DL, bank statements, whatever. When you change your electronic location, you can’t prove anything. From the ToS:

Violations:

“Illegal or Fraudulent services” or

"Gigs misleading to buyers, including violations of third party terms of service"

plus:

"Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account. Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 45 days, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Fiverr’s approval."

Proving ownership of the payment account isn’t enough. You have to prove ownership of your Fiverr account. If you had an invalid name, country, address, or anything else on it you can’t do that and they may consider that fraudulent by itself. If your gigs were also either misleading too you’re sunk. Fiverr isn’t going to approve you to get your money back if they refunded it to the buyer. If they didn’t refund it and you didn’t fake your name on the account you might still get it.

If you (or anyone) wants to use a proxy safely, you’d have to ask Fiverr for written permission right up front. For all I know that might give it to you. If they say no, though, it’s always going to be a risk to do anything to falsify your records.

Archived