My Story

johnvarker

I just wanted to take a moment and tell you how I ended up on Fiverr.

I was helping out at a radio station and a friend of mine said " we need some new sweepers, I’ll use a voice over on Fiverr" my reply to that was…“on what?”. I’d never heard of Fiverr, but it was a chat that I would remembered a few months later…

I was working for a supermarket as a driver. I was heading into work one day, muttering and moaning about how much I hated the job, I had know idea that a few hours later, my world was about to change forever.

I’d just done a delivery and i was getting back into the van when something gave out in my leg, The pain was just unreal, I could not move. I somehow go my phone and called the store and to cut a long story short, I found myself on a bed in A&E for 4 hours on a saturday night. Well after 4 hours hour and looking at the wall and not even being spoken to and I do mean, NOT A WORD from the staff, I left and got a taxi back to the store and drove home in the worst pain I had ever felt.

On the Monday, I went to see my doctor and he told me that I had torn the muscel in the back of my leg and I was not going back to work for the next month to six weeks at least. So I went home to work out what i was going to do for the next few weeks, I was going to drive the wife mental if I did not find something. On the Tuesday, I was sitting at my desk, already board out of my mind, when I remembered the chat I had had at the radio station.

I logged onto the fiverr site and started to have a look around. Its did not take me long to find the voice overs. As I looked at the profiles and listened to the demo’s, It hit me…I can do that, I had a mic and a mixer from my days doing internet radio at home, I even had the software to mix things together. So I joined Fiverr and set about putting my profile together. A few hours later, it was done, A full profile, with photos and a demo and even a video, all done. I posted the profile and went to bed thinking, "I can’t see anything coming of it, not with all the bloody good Vo’s on the site already, but what have a got to loose, not like I’m doing anything else right now"

I woke up the next morning with a gig waiting for me. I sat with me coffee thinking, it must be a mistake, but no, Somebody wanted me to do a voice over for them.

That was close to 5 months ago and I have not looked back, I have been working on Fiverr almost everyday since that point and its just got better and better. 2 months ago it to the point that I needed to have a studio built so I could get out of the house and into a space that was built for the job, I upgraded my mic and mixer, had a website built and even expanded to doing Voice Overs for T.V.

I still don’t know how it happened so fast, but I do know that without Fiverr, I’d still be doing some dead end job, but today, I get up looking forward to the days work. I can’t wait to turn the PC on and find out what I’ve been asked to voice that day, and its thanks to Fiverr.

So if your reading this and thinking about maybe joining, I can tell you, for me, it worked, it might just do the same for you.

Thank you Fiverr

John Varker, Level 2 seller and very happy Voice Over Artist.

Archived