How do I work this out?

xxylag

First of all, I do translations. So a customer ordered a gig but he sent me what he wanted translated after a day had already passed (I have a two days’ timer.)

Now he ordered another two gigs, and less than ten hour before the order timer expires he still hasn’t sent me anything.

What do I do now?

The best thing to do would be to offer to mutually cancel the order. Sounds like this is a fairly new customer who doesn’t quite get how the gig timers work and that they are supposed to submit info at the time of order. Just explain that you’re happy to do the work but you require submissions at the time of the order so he can re-order when you mutually cancel the gig.

Yea, I have exactly the same problem here. I have two orders that are hopelessly late and it is not my fault at all. They were ordered and both of them told me they are still sorting out details to send to me. I am waiting for the files from them already 3 days now. my timer was set to 24hours on these gigs.

For me it is okay, as long as they send me the infos, I will do the gigs, but if they don’t I will have to cancel the gig and that will mess up my stats. And it is not even my fault.

Nasty…

I wouldn’t bother with a mutual cancellation, as you’re a relatively new seller.

Explain to the buyer that they need to submit the order information when they buy the gig; not three days later. In scenarios like this, I gain consent from the buyer to temporarily mark the order as delivered, which in turn gives me the time necessary to complete their order.

Just make sure you follow through with your promise. 🙂

Good luck. I hope it all works out. I agree with mrproofreading. As a relatively new seller mutually canceling may not be the best option. Contacting them and explaining that you will mark is as complete and then re-deliver when the work is complete would be the best option. I do it quite often when my buyers do similar things. It happens often and you’ll learn to handle it differently as they come but marking is complete and stating why you are doing so, then re-delivering when you say you will have it all complete is what I would do.

Let us know how it all goes 🙂

Reply to @monicaz8720: I already sent him a message, now the only thing I can do is wait and hope that he/she sees it.

I’m more worried that it is sent when I’m sleeping, since I have now, less than 10 hours to deliver, and the buyer is from a very different time zone.

That is stressing…somehow.

I’ll wait and see how it plays out.

Thanks again for the help 🙂

Reply to @xxylag: This obviously depends on the buyer but if they seem to be the type that does not fully understand how Fiverr works, time frame, etc. I mark the gig as complete and in the Delivery Box I explain exactly why I am marking it as complete as politely as I can.

Ex:

"Marking this gig as complete since time is expiring. I have not completed work yet but have to mark this job as done since time frame is expiring and I received the information so close to deadline from you. Please hold off on giving me feedback until I re-deliver with the completed work. Thanks"

I have had to do that a bunch of times and have not had a problem yet. If they do see it before I re-deliver they always respond saying sorry and that they understand… and a lot of times they dont see it until after I re-deliver.

Let us know how it plays out. Hoping for the best 🙂

Archived