How long do you normally wait for a seller to respond?

amiibo

So I just purchased two different people who blog stuff for people as my writing is horrendous, this is probably the 2nd/3rd time i’ve ever used fiverr so I am not sure what to do when a seller just doesn’t respond at all for a few days (2/3) days with me being the only one on the waiting list, I look at their other projects to see if they’ve been bombarded with orders and they haven’t - all of the orders have positive commetns with zero negative comment - all from unique people and not some sort of generic bot like person who gives 5 stars over and over.

I aslo read profiles first before purchasing and try to google their projects …normal response time for one is 3 hours and the other is 3 days (his is due today still no response)

so what do you guys do when from the GO the seller just doesn’t communicate what so ever…they have their auto respond list of how to be clear what you need…and i make sure it is clear as possible with a plethora of research material so there is zero confusion

just curious what you guys do in these scenarios do you just wait it out until the end…I kinda wish they’d just say it’s to difficult for them so i could get someone else. lol

Yup :-/ I kind of wish there was a feature to know if they read my message or not, so I can have a idea if they’ve seen it and they just aren’t responding or if somehting came up in their personal lives that may of delayed the project but if it’s to complex of a topic (Gaming stuff) then i would be fine with a “I can’t do this right now” and we could do a mutual cancel with no problems.

Reply to @amiibo: That’s really unfortunate. You’re incredibility reasonable, it’s a real shame they haven’t gotten back to you. I would definitely follow mrproofreading’s advice below. Also, In the future, it might be a good idea to contact the seller before ordering to make sure they are responsive and able to complete the request so you don’t get stuck waiting and wondering. So sorry for the frustration, I hope you have better luck in the future.

amiibo, I’m so sorry you aren’t having a good experience. Just to clarify (because I was confused and in a similar situation at one point), there are two ways to connect with a seller once you have purchased a gig. The first is within the gig itself and the second is through fiverrmail (click the little “contact me” link under a seller’s profile when looking at a gig description). Sometimes the fiverrmail can prompt a quicker response as mrproofreading suggested.

Another idea that may help you to figure out if your seller is engaged with others (I always wonder, ‘is it me’ or something systemic) is to click on a seller’s name over in the right sidebar when looking at a gig description. This will bring up a page with all of the seller’s gigs and with some analytics. Here you can find both a “responsiveness” rating that will give you an idea as to the person’s usual response time, as well as a little graph showing “recent deliveries.” Roll your pointer slowly over the right side of the deliveries graph and you can see how many deliveries a seller has produced in the past few days. It can give you an idea as to whether she or he is active.

Everyone’s suggestions about cancelation are right on target. I hope that you can get this resolved. And, don’t give up! The experiences I’ve had as a buyer, once I learned to read gigs and reviews carefully as you already have done, suggests that most sellers are dedicated, responsive, and competent - three things that I also strive to achieve for myself as a fiverr seller.

Archived