Not Getting Messages Anymore

michaelrdnk

Question

I have been using Fiverr since 2021.

I have completed 56 gigs between 2021 to 2023.

I have only had 2 orders this year. Last year I had 18, and the year before that 27.

I was once Seller Level 2 and cannot get back there because no one is messaging me for projects. I used to get messages frequently, I even had to turn work down because there was too much.

Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do to get seen again? Are my gigs too common or too niche?

Any help will be much appreciated.

From a frustrated Fiverrteer.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

11 answers to this question

8 hours ago, michaelrdnk said:

I have been using Fiverr since 2021.

I have completed 56 gigs between 2021 to 2023.

I have only had 2 orders this year. Last year I had 18, and the year before that 27.

I was once Seller Level 2 and cannot get back there because no one is messaging me for projects. I used to get messages frequently, I even had to turn work down because there was too much.

Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do to get seen again? Are my gigs too common or too niche?

Any help will be much appreciated.

From a frustrated Fiverrteer.

I have the same problem as you.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I have also stopped getting briefs, I used to get 1 every few days.

After some reading, it seems to be the "I need 2 years experience to work here but I need to work to get experience" paradox. I need to deliver high-quality work but I am not getting any work to improve myself (even though my work is always high quality and have very good reviews and high success scores).

Edited by michaelrdnk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, michaelrdnk said:

After some reading, it seems to be the "I need 2 years experience to work here but I need to work to get experience" paradox.

I'm not aware of the paradox but surely, a lot of sellers from my part of the world FAKE their work experience on Fiverr.

Bio/introduction of each one of them claim to have 2 to 6 years of experience but their skills, mindset, gigs and communication skills are of extremely poor quality. 

• Like 6

I posted in the Fiverr help centre as well and some of the responses I got from the "real human agents" were simply laughable.

I wrote 

Thanks for explaining the "Generate a Brief" feature, however, I have stopped receiving messages altogether. I used to receive 3-4 messages a week in my inbox for a range of my gigs and that has completely halted this year. My gigs have worked in the past so why are they not working now?

I cannot increase the success score of my other gigs if I am not getting any messages and work. Can you see the issue here? It's a paradox. I also cannot increase my Seller Level if I do not receive messages or work. I was Seller Level 2 for a long time and I was demoted simply because I don't work on weekends and did not reply in time.

I am extremely frustrated and I do not understand what is going on.

They replied

After reviewing your account, I noticed that you currently do not have a success score. This happens when there haven't been enough orders placed on your Gig(s) in the past few months. Once you get more orders coming in, the system will be able to calculate your success score, reflecting your performance.

This is hilarious because that is my exact issue, I cannot get a better success score if I am not getting any messages or work.

I replied

Are you guys humans? Because this sounds like AI responses.

Yes I know, and that is my question, WHY are no orders being placed this year? What changed? I was getting many messages and orders from 2021 to 2023, and this year they stopped coming.

I cannot get a better success score for my gigs when I am not getting any messages, nevermind work.

To which they replied a longwinded message of nothingness again and closed the ticket, something is definitely going on. They are not interested in helping me even though I have made them money in the past. Which I could actually speak to a human and not automated bot messages with fake typos and fake bad grammar.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, listing_guys said:

Make professional gigs and share them on social media and keep active 🙂

Have you not read any of my posts in this thread?

I log onto Fiverr every day.

My gigs are professional and have gotten me over 50 orders.

Yet orders and messages have suddenly stopped and I am trying to figure out why and what I can do to get them coming back.

• Like 1

When you open the Fiverr app then the next 5 min Fiverr will show that you are online on search pages. If you stay online then there is a high chance of receiving messages from potential clients.

So you need to open the app & refresh it as much as you can.
It is not all about opening the app every day & waiting for the new message.

• Like 3