My account permamently disabled after buyer suggested to go to paypal

silaelas

Question

Hi everyone, I’m facing an issue where, after more than three years on Fiverr, my account was suddenly disabled overnight. A buyer had contacted me asking to pay through PayPal or an external method, but I declined their offer and warned them not to mention third-party payment options, as Fiverr could flag their account.

The main challenge is that for my gig (creating VRChat avatars), the files are quite large, and Fiverr's upload system takes forever. Because of this, I’ve had to send the final product directly to clients via email. I’m guessing Fiverr saw this as me bypassing their platform, even though that wasn’t my intention.

Is there any way to recover my account, or am I out of luck?

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, silaelas said:

Because of this, I’ve had to send the final product directly to clients via email. I’m guessing Fiverr saw this as me bypassing their platform, even though that wasn’t my intention.

Its a clear and intentional violation of TOS, so they will not entertain the reasoning. 

• Up 1

4 hours ago, silaelas said:

The main challenge is that for my gig (creating VRChat avatars), the files are quite large, and Fiverr's upload system takes forever.

You shoudln't have sent it through email, though Fiverr do say in:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010639437-Delivering-an-order

Troubleshoot file attachments or technical errors

If the file you'd like to deliver is too big, or you experience technical limitations, you may use alternative methods to send a file (e.g., a dropbox link).

For any additional issues, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team using the Contact us tab at the bottom of the page.

You could try mentioning to them that statement from the help page where they say (for tech limitations etc.)  "...you may use alternative methods to send a file (e.g., a dropbox link). Email is an alternative method. Don't use it in future (as Fiver can think it's an off-site contact method), but see what they say about that quote.

If your account is okay then you could use dropbox or similar in future. Dropbox handles bigger files I think. If you have it set up okay it may re-send from where it left off (though it doesn't for me if partially through a file, but it will continue from the last file it did). Though it seemed slower than uploading to Fiverr last time, but more reliable if things go wrong etc. or quicker for re-delivering the same file (where you can just re-link to it, eg. if they want only some of the files revised).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1