Gig packages vs custom order prices.

zebratech

Question

So as a buyer I am always looking to get the most bang for my buck when it comes to hiring someone on Fiverr to do work.   When I'm looking to hire someone, I look at their gig prices to get some idea of the possible range of costs for the project. It seems that most people want you to message them first so they can talk about the project first. So i contact them and talk about my requirements. Then when it comes down to pricing, I often get prices that are wildly higher than even their premium package, even though I am pretty sure what I'm asking is well within the range of their gigs. 

What is the best way to bring this up with a seller to discuss why their price is so much higher than what they list for gigs? 

2 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, zebratech said:

What is the best way to bring this up with a seller to discuss why their price is so much higher than what they list for gigs? 

Don't bring it up. Sometimes the requirement might be complex and a bit outside of what's covered in those gig packages. But a lot of the time, people just try to quote someone more because they can do it, even if it doesn't really seem professional or ethical. However, I am sure it worked for them a few times, so they will continue to do it. 

If you see someone that does these things, just ignore them and find someone else. Would you trust someone that wants to squeeze you for more money instead of establishing a business relationship based on trust? I wouldn't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zebratech said:

So as a buyer I am always looking to get the most bang for my buck when it comes to hiring someone on Fiverr to do work.   When I'm looking to hire someone, I look at their gig prices to get some idea of the possible range of costs for the project. It seems that most people want you to message them first so they can talk about the project first. So i contact them and talk about my requirements. Then when it comes down to pricing, I often get prices that are wildly higher than even their premium package, even though I am pretty sure what I'm asking is well within the range of their gigs. 

I prefer transparency in pricing for the services listed in gig packages. I ensure that prices are clear and match the services described. The "contact me first" approach is only necessary for projects that exceed the scope of the listed packages. My main goal is to deliver high-quality work and ensure buyer satisfaction. If a higher quote is received, it's best to discuss the details with the seller to understand the pricing.