Poor rating before gigs and deleted/blocked message?

barefootehippy

Question

I'm brand new here so maybe this is normal but it seems not normal. I logged in and my inbox showed one message but the content had been deleted by Fiverr and the user seems to have been blocked. This user also joined this month so maybe it was a scam? 

I also noticed I have a one star rating. Did this scammer give me a bad rating before it was blocked even though we never interacted? Is this possible? I've yet to interact with anyone on this platform so where did the bad rating come from? Seems unfair to be judged badly before I've even started.

5 answers to this question

I can't see any rating on your public profile. If you check your gig profile with a logged out browser or the "preview fiverr profile" option when logged in it should show you how it shows to normal Fiverr users.

You could contact support at the help desk if you think you've been incorrectly given a rating.

They could have been a scammer contacting you after seeing your new gig posted/new account.

Are you sure it's a 1 star rating or just showing something to show it's not applicable yet (as no rates)? You could show a screenshot or check with customer support.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, barefootehippy said:

I also noticed I have a one star rating. Did this scammer give me a bad rating before it was blocked even though we never interacted

You don't have any order history or public ratings on your profile. Sellers receive ratings only for COMPLETED orders. 

Possibly You've misread or misunderstood something on your dashboard or profile. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, barefootehippy said:

Hence my concern for the one star rating. Maybe that's not what this means, but on my dashboard it shows one star next to "rating". 

it's putting "-" next to the star rating. It shows just 1 star icon on mine too, but shows the actual rating as a number on the right of it. Yours shows "-" next to it meaning "not applicable" (because you have no rates yet so it can't show a rating). Maybe it would be better if it showed "N/A" there instead.

So it's normal. You haven't had a any rates and have no star rating yet.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1