Need Advice on Transition from Graphic Design to UX/UI and Impact on Seller Level

momina_qureshi

Question

Hello everyone, 👋

I have been providing services on Fiverr since 2019, starting as a Graphic Designer. Last year, I decided to transition into UX/UI design, and for now I have paused all of my previous graphic design gigs (which have good performance in terms of reviews and orders). I then created three new gigs focused on UX/UI design. Unfortunately, my seller level has been affected as a result of this change.

I was previously a Level 2 seller, but last month I was demoted to Level 1. Today, I received an email that my level will soon be dropped again.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate any advice or suggestions:

1. Has anyone else gone through a similar transition from one service type to another? How did you manage the impact on your seller level and performance metrics?
  2. If I get demoted to a New Seller, what happens to my paused and active gigs? Since New Sellers can only have 4 gigs, will the extra gigs (either paused or active) be deleted, or will I just not be able to create new ones?
  3. Are there any specific steps I can take to recover my seller level while trying to grow my new UX/UI gigs?

Any recommendations, insights, or suggestions would be really helpful as I navigate this change!

Thanks in advance,
Momina

4 answers to this question

Seller Level is a function of success score, so when you pause/delete gigs which contribute towards the success score - you will lose the contributing gig scores and corresponding success score too. More or less, you will have to build your success score from scratch with new gigs.

OR you can activate your old successful gigs again to regain your success score but keep your focus on growing the new UI/UX gigs.

PS If you get demoted to new seller level, your old gigs will not be deleted but they will remain paused. And you will be able to activate them only after pausing/deleting other gigs. (while staying within the limit of 4 gigs)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Seller Level is a function of success score, so when you pause/delete gigs which contribute towards the success score - you will lose the contributing gig scores and corresponding success score too. More or less, you will have to build your success score from scratch with new gigs.

OR you can activate your old successful gigs again to regain your success score but keep your focus on growing the new UI/UX gigs.

PS If you get demoted to new seller level, your old gigs will not be deleted but they will remain paused. And you will be able to activate them only after pausing/deleting other gigs. (while staying within the limit of 4 gigs)

Thank you so Priyank for the detailed explanation. It really helped clarify things for me! I appreciate your advice. However, I do have a follow-up question: Would it be a good approach to edit my old graphic design gigs and change them to focus on UX/UI design instead? I understand the URL would stay the same, but would you recommend this as a strategy, or is it better to keep them separate?

would love to hear your thoughts on this!

18 minutes ago, momina_qureshi said:

Would it be a good approach to edit my old graphic design gigs and change them to focus on UX/UI design instead?

First and foremost, that's unethical. If a buyer sees a gig with 200+ reviews and orders a service but those reviews do not belong to the ordered service, then it is wrong. 

And secondly, if Fiverr flags the gig, then you might lose it entirely along with the reviews.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

First and foremost, that's unethical. If a buyer sees a gig with 200+ reviews and orders a service but those reviews do not belong to the ordered service, then it is wrong. 

And secondly, if Fiverr flags the gig, then you might lose it entirely along with the reviews.  

Thank you so much! That makes complete sense, and I appreciate your guidance on this. I definitely want to maintain ethical standards in my work and avoid any risks.

Based on your advice, I think I will focus on activating my old  gigs to regain my success score while gradually working on my new UX/UI projects.

Thanks again for your help!

• Up 1