You Can't Search by Name or Username

melissaharlowvo

So this is a real bummer. I often SEARCH (in the search field) for certain users to refer to them to buyers. I also tell others to, "just search my username or name and I come right up" but that ability to search for certain users NO LONGER WORKS. Why? What possibly would be the benefit to this? You can't even look someone up by their username. My guess is the search filed is being used for something else and doesn't function like normal search fields. All good websites have a search field so you can easily find things inside the website, especially one so robust as Fiverr.

Also, it's so much more personal to communicate to people by their name, so I use peoples names frequently. I will always remember a name, but some usernames are so obscure and have nothing to do with the gig.

Plus, why do we have our personal names in our description if we can't even be searched? This makes no sense.

I feel bummed for all the people I have told to "just search my name" in Fiverr. Since that no longer works, I now have to start a list of individual links to gigs. That seems super old school to me and should not be the way you can connect referrals. What are your thoughts?

• Support 1

Yes that's how I have always searched. Some people come up and some don't so I sent a message to CS and here is the response from Customer Service as of today,

"I understand the users you invite to look for you on Fiverr are no longer able to locate your profile through the search feature. Previously, it was possible to search for a freelancer's username, and when the search yielded no gigs one would be asked if they wanted to search through available freelancers. This option is no longer available, so I would suggest that you share a direct link to your profile instead of just your username."