i have question for it

putra_vy

Hi, i just i got messages from someone on fiverr saying he want to buy my offers and need my email. then i sent it, there's an email sent to me it did look from fiverr but weird email address, at first i don't want to open it, and still asking the buyer what kind of project he want to do. but we got conversation, and i brave my self to click on the link, the website is the exact same with fiverr there's my account and more (it's really same). then there's sth like i need to proceed about how am i getting paid, because it does in fiverr website so i trusted it, but i can't use paypal for it, and there's a bubble chat and she said her name is emily, i talk to her she said i can't use my paypal first before i confirm my bank account or something like that. I'm still trusted it cause it's really fiverr web i can check my account and more on it like fiverr nothing change, so i put my bank account on it, i felt weird because they asked my card balance and says that it will hold some amount of money, i didn't believe at first but I'm still believe it's fiverr. so i put it, and then it sent me a code to my phone with my real bank as a sender, but the really weird things is it ask $195 for it, so I'm not put the code cause I'm not trusting it, but is it safe for me?. I asked the buyer more and he didn't reply so i'm sure now it's a scam, I'm afraid so i will transfer all my money to my sister first. but is it okay?, please if someone ever get this could you share what happened to you,

Edited by putra_vy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, putra_vy said:

and need my email. then i sent it, there's an email sent to me it did look from fiverr but weird email address, at first i don't want to open it, and still asking the buyer what kind of project he want to do. but we got conversation, and i brave my self to click on the link, the website is the exact same with fiverr there's my account and more (it's really same). then there's sth like i need to proceed about how am i getting paid, because it does in fiverr website so i trusted it, but i can't use paypal for it, and there's a bubble chat and she said her name is emily, i talk to her she said i can't use my paypal first before i confirm my bank account or something like that.

Never give your email address out in the Fiverr inbox. It's against Fiverr rules. All contact needs to be on Fiverr.

If you've put your bank account info/card info into a scam website you might want to let your bank know and get advice from them (in case it helps stop fraud transactions. They could monitor the account). Maybe nothing can go through without the code though but you could still check with your bank.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 1