How do I schedule a gig for after I return from an unavailable period?

hlbernabe

Question

I listed myself unavailable until the end of the month. A repeat client wants me to do a gig when I return on the 1st. If I accept the gig, then the countdown starts and delivery will be due in the middle of my time off. Same if I do a custom order. So how do I deal with this situation?

Thanks!

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, hlbernabe said:

I listed myself unavailable until the end of the month. A repeat client wants me to do a gig when I return on the 1st. If I accept the gig, then the countdown starts and delivery will be due in the middle of my time off. Same if I do a custom order. So how do I deal with this situation?

Thanks!

You got two options:

1. Create a custom offer and put the delivery date after 1st or whenever you think its gonna be suitable for you and you can finish the work after your unavailable period and before deadline.

2. Ask the client to place an order & not submit the requirements. Not submitting the requirements won't start the order and then ask the buyer to submit them whenever you're available or you can just skip them on your own after you are available and ready to start the order.

Thanks!!! 

Edited by ahmad_freelancr
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, ahmad_freelancr said:

You got two options:

1. Create a custom offer and put the delivery date after 1st or whenever you think its gonna be suitable for you and you can finish the work after your unavailable period and before deadline.

2. Ask the client to place an order & not submit the requirements. Not submitting the requirements won't start the order and then ask the buyer to submit them whenever you're available or you can just skip them on your own after you are available and ready to start the order.

Thanks!!! 

1) I tried to do a custom order with the delivery date changed to later, and the client only has a decline button. There is no accept button. Also, she got some kind of attachment, which I don't understand, because I didn't send any attachments in the offer! I'm weirded out by that. I told her not to open it. The attachment thing is freaking me out. How can I find out what that is without opening it? I don't want to spread any viruses or malware.

2) Can she put in an order while I'm unavailable? I would imagine if I'm unavailable, then clients can do any orders, because otherwise they could pile when a person isn't working. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hlbernabe said:

1) I tried to do a custom order with the delivery date changed to later, and the client only has a decline button. There is no accept button. Also, she got some kind of attachment, which I don't understand, because I didn't send any attachments in the offer! I'm weirded out by that. I told her not to open it. The attachment thing is freaking me out. How can I find out what that is without opening it? I don't want to spread any viruses or malware.

2) Can she put in an order while I'm unavailable? I would imagine if I'm unavailable, then clients can do any orders, because otherwise they could pile when a person isn't working. 

She sent me this screen shot:

image.png.3f5f284e6e2e62bea4e43deca8b01802.png

You got two options:

Thanks!!! 

Nice options

• Like 3

This is what I always do. You have to set the delivery date to the date that suits you to deliver.

• Like 1