How to Handle a Stalled Order Due to Missing Client Details?

faizicitations

Question

A client placed an order with me some time ago. He provided me with business details and requested specific services, not the entire package. I completed the tasks, but now he hasn't sent me additional business details for the remaining services, and the order has been stuck in revision for quite some time. I've been continuously requesting more time from Fiverr, but I'm worried about the impact this might have on my gig and client satisfaction level.

Can anyone advise what I should do in this situation? What are the potential risks for me? The order is still in revision, and I'm extending the delivery time repeatedly because I can't deliver the order until all services are completed. Since the client ordered multiple small services for different businesses from the same gig, I can't deliver the completed services for just one set of business details.

What should I do, and how might this affect my gig and client satisfaction?

3IfAs3J - Imgur.png

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, faizicitations said:

A client placed an order with me some time ago. He provided me with business details and requested specific services, not the entire package. I completed the tasks, but now he hasn't sent me additional business details for the remaining services, and the order has been stuck in revision for quite some time. I've been continuously requesting more time from Fiverr, but I'm worried about the impact this might have on my gig and client satisfaction level.

Never start working on an order until you have 100% complete details. This way, you won't hesitate to cancel the order, as no effort has been put into the work. But if you start working with only 50% of the requirements, you will end up stuck in a loop of extending delivery time (in 99% cases). You won't be able to cancel (since all the effort you put into the project would be wasted), nor deliver the project (as it would be against the TOS to submit unfinished work).

Even if clients say they'll submit the remaining details on the order page after a day or two, don't start working. Let the clients know about this in advance so they don't spam you asking for updates. Be transparent with them and the problem will be solved.

Now, since you're already stuck, the only solution is either to wait in the hope that the client will respond -- OR cancel the order, lose the work you've done and take this as a learning experience.

• Like 3
  • Up 2