how to reset secuirty question?

goharabbas007

Question

Believe me, the fiverr support and their policy made me cry today. I don't know what to do. It feels like life is getting harder day by day, and I'm at a dead end now. My only crime is that I've forgotten my security question. I know this might sound silly, but I'm human, and it happens. I've been using Fiverr since 2017, which is more than 7 years now. I've been in contact with Fiverr support for over a month, providing them with everything they've asked for, like the last four digits of my phone number associated with Fiverr, my Payoneer customer ID, and I even reset my password. But now, they are asking for my security question, which I genuinely cannot remember.

I've tried everything to recall it—believe me, I have. I even provided them with a list of possible answers, but unfortunately, none of them were correct. I've pleaded with them to offer an alternative verification method, like using my government ID, passport, video call, social media accounts, Gmail, bank accounts—anything, literally anything they can ask for. I've asked them to at least give me one chance, to show some mercy, or even just to tell me the first or last letter of the answer to the security question. But they keep insisting that I have to provide the correct answer. There must be an alternative way to reset security question, but I think the policy is to take advantage of people's hard-earned money.

Help please, anyone?

@fiverr_brand

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 answers to this question

5 hours ago, goharabbas007 said:

Believe me, the fiverr support and their policy made me cry today. I don't know what to do. It feels like life is getting harder day by day, and I'm at a dead end now. My only crime is that I've forgotten my security question. I know this might sound silly, but I'm human, and it happens. I've been using Fiverr since 2017, which is more than 7 years now. I've been in contact with Fiverr support for over a month, providing them with everything they've asked for, like the last four digits of my phone number associated with Fiverr, my Payoneer customer ID, and I even reset my password. But now, they are asking for my security question, which I genuinely cannot remember.

I've tried everything to recall it—believe me, I have. I even provided them with a list of possible answers, but unfortunately, none of them were correct. I've pleaded with them to offer an alternative verification method, like using my government ID, passport, video call, social media accounts, Gmail, bank accounts—anything, literally anything they can ask for. I've asked them to at least give me one chance, to show some mercy, or even just to tell me the first or last letter of the answer to the security question. But they keep insisting that I have to provide the correct answer. There must be an alternative way to reset security question, but I think the policy is to take advantage of people's hard-earned money.

Help please, anyone?

@fiverr_brand

@Lena might be able to help!

On 8/10/2024 at 1:20 PM, goharabbas007 said:

Help please, anyone?

@fiverr_brand

What happened to you is very sad, I understand.you contact Our fiver forum staff @Lena , @Kesha 

Best of luck 👍 

Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2024 at 12:13 PM, annbohaievskaa said:

Hi! I have the same problem. Did you somehow manage to find out if something can be done? reset this thread or something else?

Luckily, by some miracle, I remembered my answer and sent it to them. Otherwise, Fiverr support was insistent on only accepting the answer to the security question. They weren't listening to anything else. However, I believe there should be an alternative verification method for situations when someone forgets their answer. Fiverr is one of the largest platforms, but sadly, they don't have an alternative policy for this, which is very unprofessional. @zacbrown_@annbohaievskaa

Edited by goharabbas007
  • Insightful 1