"Gig promotion" reduced my income

designaza

About 2 years ago I was on the first pages of animation category without any "gig promotion". I had a lot of clients and orders, but combining this with my primary job I burned out and put my gig on pause for a 1,5 month. After that Fiverr of course reduced my impressions. And there's "Gig Promotion" appeared to me. It was useful - not gonna lie, but then I noticed that even with paying for the clicks and successfully delivering orders - it's not helping me to get back to my previous level of income or impressions, I'm not climbing on first pages anymore even if I have order lines and nice paychecks. When I switch off gig promotion my impressions fall drastically and I have 0-1 clicks.

So does it mean that a lot of freelancers using promotion feature and not giving a chance for other freelancers who want to achieve clients organically?

Does it mean that without gig promotion I will never get that amount of impressions that I had before? Yes I can afford "clicks" but this situation confusing me, I used to like the idea of Fiverr that promotes freelancers because they have good ratings and statistics.

Thank you!

Sorry, my English is might be not accurate, but I hope I shared my core thoughts.

regards, Azat🙂

• Like 9
  • Up 1

If your metrics (or performance) are low, even Promoted Gigs will give you limited impressions -- otherwise, everyone with low performance would enable Promoted Gigs and get thousands of impressions.

Pausing a gig for more than 30 days (within a timeframe of 120 days) can indeed negatively impact your metrics score. So, give it some time to get back on track, and all you can do is keep delivering high-quality work.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

26 minutes ago, designaza said:

I used to like the idea of Fiverr that promotes freelancers because they have good ratings and statistics.

You're still a Level 2 Seller, which means your overall stats are in order. 

But you have received a relatively smaller number of reviews in the last 1 year (from your overall counter) and it might mean that your competition is outperforming your gigs. They are converting and selling more than you in the RECENT months, which is why your organic exposure has reduced. 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

I guess you dropped in ranking, as I did, simply because of other things, such as the negative impact on private questions and probably canceling orders. 

That pause you did also, probably had the biggest impact on your falling. 

Anyway... It is a vague idea and I am very interested to know others ideas on this theory. 

Maybe Fiverr drop us when we use promotions, to make us more dependent on it. I don't know! 

• Like 5