Do I have to give buyers my e-mail in order for them to purchase my services?

blancafavi

Question

I got ask by a client for me to give them my e-mail in order for them to do the checkout throrugh Fiverr. I suspected it was a scam so I told them I'm not allowed to provide that information. A new client ask for it now, I'm new here so I wanna make sure if it's in indeed a scam or if it's part of the selling process.

Thank you so much!

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

Yes it's a scam. Fiverr doesn't ask buyers to ask for the seller's email address. Fiverr doesn't allow sellers to give their email address out in the Fiverr inbox. All contact is supposed to stay on Fiverr.

If they're showing a screen that says it's asking them for your email address then its a scam (made up screen) one (and Fiverr already knows your email).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

You're correct to be cautious. On Fiverr, all communication and transactions should be conducted through the platform to ensure your safety and avoid scams. Do not share your email or any personal information with clients. If a client insists, report the situation to Fiverr support.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, blancafavi said:

got ask by a client for me to give them my e-mail in order for them to do the checkout throrugh Fiverr. I suspected it was a scam so I told them I'm not allowed to provide that information.

in this specific situation if sharing your mail address isn't crucial for your order completion - you should say this

"As a seller, we aren't allowed to share our personal mail address to avoid communication outside the marketplace - we do have all communication methods right here built into Fiverr - if you have any questions regarding the order process please feel free to share that with me"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blancafavi said:

I got ask by a client for me to give them my e-mail in order for them to do the checkout throrugh Fiverr. I suspected it was a scam so I told them I'm not allowed to provide that information. A new client ask for it now, I'm new here so I wanna make sure if it's in indeed a scam or if it's part of the selling process.

Thank you so much!

@blancafavi

No, generally you should not share your email.
They are most likely a scammer, and you should be careful about them; otherwise, you could fall into their trap.

When you receive an order, you will get a notification on bell sign. If you receive an order request only via email, there is a 99% chance they are a scammer.
I've even encountered a Fiverr-selected buyer who was truly running an agency ans asking for a long term project, but some of his behavior smelled like a scammer.

So, You should not deny them but be careful about those type of buyer while you are communicating with them.

• Like 1