After I fell asleep my account was spammed to random people and now I desperately need a response from fiverr support team.

About 15 days ago, I went to sleep after meditating as usual and when I woke up the next day and checked my fiverr chatbox, hundreds (probably) of spam messages were sent to the chatboxes of fiverr sellers all over the world. I calmly sent a direct message to hundreds of fiverr sellers saying 'I think I've been hacked and please do not do anything that is written in the image I sent you'. About 20% of them just reported me.

I was a top seller and a storyboard artist on fiverr.

My account was not suspended even though a significant number of people reported me.

There was a significant amount of money in my personal balance.

I quickly changed my password (I thought it was a natural thing to do. If I could log out someone who was accessing my fiverr account from somewhere else, I should have done it)

And I wrote about my current situation on the fiverr 'help' site. Soon after, my account was disabled.

For a few days, about every 3 days, the fiverr support team asked me to take screenshots of all my current devices that I have virus scanned, so I sent them.

They haven't responded for 10 days after sending them.

From my perspective, since I had a lot of money in my account (obviously, the first thing I should have done was withdraw the money to my paypal account, but I didn't think of that),

Here are some tips that I hope people who read this will get enlightened.

1. Change your password regularly.
2. If something happens, press the withdraw button first.
3. You have to endure account disabled, maybe long time

And plus one, I told the security answer, and I think It will be correct. but fiverr support team doesn't let me know It is right or not.

I hope I can get back with good news

😄

answer.png

answer2.png

Edited by yongjinkim938
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the answer.

I sent all the answers the staff asked for a few days ago. Another staff member came in and asked me to answer the same questions again.

I sent the answers again. I will keep updating this article. I hope I can get my account back as soon as possible.

Hugo_staff.png

Edited by yongjinkim938
  • Like 4

If this doesn't work out, I'll interview the YouTuber and make it public, or whatever I can do.

I'll mainly talk about whether Fiverr is a platform that many people can trust and work with, and how well it's run compared to its competitors.

Since this is a post that is visible to many people, I hope it proves that Fiverr is a platform that many people can trust.

• Like 1

I just had the same happen to me, suddenly my account was sending spam messages to random sellers, my name was also changed and so was my logo, i managed to just in time change my password. i have send in a ticket as well. When i told the seller that got "my" spam message, he said he got similar messages as well. What is going on?? How can our accounts be compromised this easily?

• Like 3

On 7/31/2024 at 9:24 PM, milos_siena said:

Please be patient. They did respond yesterday and told you that the case is under review.

Please send us here any new updates.

Yeah, another fiverr CS staff came and asked me some questions, but I already provided all the answer you need.

I am not sure It's automatically generated by AI or It's just ordinary procedure. I really want to get back to the business.

There were plenty of the customers came back very often, I guess I will lost all of them, because of my account 'flagged'

It's really disheartening

Have a good day

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

New update:

I just received an email from the Fiverr team. However, there are no changes in my Fiverr help section.
and my account remains flagged.

Should I consider this as good news? Am I finally going to get my account back?

image.png.57e69bdde44774fdf744964b23cd87d3.png

image.png.06c88506d8c1cd2f40fd920d9b024c9f.png

image.png.9bd09d21a7f85dc37a20679f544f9052.png

I will get back here when my status is no longer flagged.

Edited by yongjinkim938
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yongjinkim938 said:

New update:

I just received an email from the Fiverr team. However, there are no changes in my Fiverr help section.
and my account remains flagged.

Should I consider this as good news? Am I finally going to get my account back?

image.png.57e69bdde44774fdf744964b23cd87d3.png

image.png.06c88506d8c1cd2f40fd920d9b024c9f.png

image.png.9bd09d21a7f85dc37a20679f544f9052.png

I will get back here when my status is no longer flagged.

Hi there.

I can see your 2 gigs on your profile. Which means that your seller account is active now. Regarding the flagged issue, you still have an open ticket, use that for follow up with CS.

Re-reading this thread, i noticed they stated the answer of your security question was not correct, so i looked at my security question, tried to change it, and the system states the answer is not correct as well! So this could be the weakness in Fiverr's security system where they got into our accounts.

11 hours ago, necramedia said:

Re-reading this thread, i noticed they stated the answer of your security question was not correct, so i looked at my security question, tried to change it, and the system states the answer is not correct as well! So this could be the weakness in Fiverr's security system where they got into our accounts.

I already withdrew my balance which was not able to do it when my account has been disabled.

I will get back here when further update comes out

Additional guides here:

- Do not login with shared PC or mobile devices
- If you have to use any new “used” device, you must initialize that given device or don’t login at all
- Change your password on a regulary basis

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yongjinkim938 said:

Do not login with shared PC or mobile devices

I agree with you about the shared PC. But not about mobile devices unless you mean do not login to mobile devices apart from yours. Anyway, security is crucial. And even if we are allowed to login to many devices, with Fiverr, I think it's better to use our personal devices to log into it. A working PC and a mobile device is enough. 

Edited by michmikaia