Fiverr Stole All My Money from My Disabled Account

Hello Fiverr Community,

My account was disabled 8 months ago. It was under review for 2 months, and then Fiverr sent me a message stating that I could retrieve all my available funds after 90 days. However, after the 90 days passed, I was unable to withdraw my funds due to an issue with my withdrawal account(this is what they said). Fiverr disabled my account for another 3 months.

This week, I contacted them again, and they informed me: "We regret to inform you that, following a review, your funds cannot be returned due to confirmed fraudulent activity. For more details, please refer to our Terms of Service."

I have read all of Fiverr's Terms of Service, and there is nothing mentioned about them being able to take my money. According to their Help Page, any funds available in a permanently disabled account should be released after 3 months.

Can someone help me? Is it legal for them to take my money? I have $9,000 in my Fiverr account, and everything is gone.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Sad news! What type of activity does your account conduct that they claim fraudulent activity?

25 minutes ago, karlosyoussef said:

Hello Fiverr Community,

My account was disabled 8 months ago. It was under review for 2 months, and then Fiverr sent me a message stating that I could retrieve all my available funds after 90 days. However, after the 90 days passed, I was unable to withdraw my funds due to an issue with my withdrawal account(this is what they said). Fiverr disabled my account for another 3 months.

This week, I contacted them again, and they informed me: "We regret to inform you that, following a review, your funds cannot be returned due to confirmed fraudulent activity. For more details, please refer to our Terms of Service."

I have read all of Fiverr's Terms of Service, and there is nothing mentioned about them being able to take my money. According to their Help Page, any funds available in a permanently disabled account should be released after 3 months.

Can someone help me? Is it legal for them to take my money? I have $9,000 in my Fiverr account, and everything is gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, karlosyoussef said:

Hello Fiverr Community,

"Fiverr, through its Payment Services Provider, reserves the right to cancel Orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site"

"For security concerns, Fiverr may temporarily disable a Seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behaviour reported by other users, or associating multiple Fiverr accounts to a single withdrawal provider"

- from Payment Terms.

I think that in these cases the money will be probably returned to the buyers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@harunur__rashid was providing a service that is not allowed on Fiverr; there was no fraudulent activity.

@milos_siena as you mentioned, 'Fiverr may temporarily disable a seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity.' However, that does not mean they can take my money.

What do you think I should do in this situation?" what they are ding to me is stealing.

• Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, karlosyoussef said:

was providing a service that is not allowed on Fiverr; there was no fraudulent activity

However, that does not mean they can take my money.

If you have violated the TOS, then should not you be punished for a while? 

Anyhow, if your tickets are still open, then use that ticket and discuss with Fiverr Support again. Give them evidences that it was not a fraudulent activity. 

Fiverr is not stealing anything.. it's you who have violated the rules even it's already mentioned in their TOS. Should have read it properly at first.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, karlosyoussef said:

@harunur__rashid was providing a service that is not allowed on Fiverr; there was no fraudulent activity.

@milos_siena as you mentioned, 'Fiverr may temporarily disable a seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity.' However, that does not mean they can take my money.

What do you think I should do in this situation?" what they are ding to me is stealing.

Since you have 9000 dollars, it's a big deal. And you earned it by working with different buyers. Maybe you should ask them if they can pay you for every legitimate order. They should just isolate the ones that are fraudulent. This is a very specific issue, I am not sure what is best in this case. They also said that they won't reply to you anymore, which makes the problem even bigger. I will also try to talk to the support team about your case.

• Sad 1

@smartdezigns

Yes, you are right; I have violated the TOS, and I do not deny that. They have already punished me by permanently disabling my Fiverr account and freezing my funds for over 8 months. I have read the TOS, and there is no mentioned punishment that includes taking my funds forever. If such a punishment exists, please send me the part that explains this, and I will respect their decision because it is their platform and their rules. I understand that Fiverr is trying to keep their platform a safe place, but they should adhere to their own rules.

They sent me a withdrawal link to access my funds, but now they are telling me that they won't release my funds anymore and that I should forget about it. I don't want to say this, but what they are doing to me feels like "stealing." Please read Fiverr's policy about accounts that violate the TOS.

What do you think I should do in this situation? I would appreciate your help.

10 minutes ago, karlosyoussef said:

What do you think I should do in this situation? I would appreciate your help.

Keep fighting for your right. I mean keep in touch with Fiverr Support and request for the withdrawal link again if they can..

Hope for the best then!

• Like 1

@milos_siena 

Thanks for the reply. First of all, there was no fraudulent activity; I did not steal anyone's money. I have violated the Fiverr TOS, and that's all that happened. Many Fiverr users do this—some receive warnings, some have their accounts temporarily disabled, and some, like me, have their accounts permanently disabled. I want to know from you, as "Fiverr Staff," what happens to the funds in a permanently disabled account. I have read the TOS multiple times, and there is no mention of freezing and taking the seller's money.

Please read what you have written on your help page:

What happens when an account is suspended?
  • Accounts are suspended when there has been a severe breach of Fiverr policies, misuse of our reporting tools mechanism, or when an account receives multiple warnings (two warnings for the same violation or three warnings for different violations). 
  • Account owners are not able to log into suspended accounts.

Freelancers 

• If there are funds available in the account, the freelancer is required to wait 90 days to make a withdrawal. 
  • If there are open orders, the freelancer will be given limited access to be able to complete those orders. 

Buyers 

• If the account has a Fiverr Balance with available funds, there will be an immediate refund.

I still believe this was just a mistake by Customer Support. All I ask, as a seller on your platform, is for you to do the right thing and adhere to your platform's rules by releasing my funds. If you won't release my funds, please show me the part of Fiverr's rules that states you can take the money from a disabled account, effectively freezing the funds forever.