Fiverr scam are becoming really a big issues

I just got 3 scam messages within a few hours of timeframe, one named Bot Helper. wondering these messages seem legit, some sellers who don't have any idea will definitely click on the links.

IMG_8988.PNG

IMG_8985.PNG

IMG_8984.PNG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @akib0079 

We understand that scammers can be frustrating and concerning. Rest assured, we’re actively working to address and mitigate these issues. Our team is implementing enhanced security measures and improved verification processes to protect our community. Your safety is our top priority, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to create a more secure environment for everyone. 

Please take a moment to check out the pinned posts and this article from our Help Center on Staying safe on the platform and ensuring the security of your account. 

We would kindly like to ask you to report those users to our Customer Support with all the screenshots you have. 

Thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi @Lena,

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful in understanding how we can protect our accounts from scammers. However, many new sellers are not aware of these concerns and often fall into traps, losing everything by mistake. I understand that there is much to be done to prevent such issues permanently, but isn't it possible to implement measures to prevent them? Since these scammers use Fiverr usernames and logos, couldn't there be a way to identify and block them more effectively?

• Like 2

To be fair, how are these Fiverr scams? Fiverr is not trying to scam you. Random scammers are trying to get access to your account and money. Check the resources provided by Fiverr, there was a banner with this kind of stuff. 

12 minutes ago, sumaiya_mukta said:

However, many new sellers are not aware of these concerns and often fall into traps, losing everything by mistake.

Fiverr already sent emails and a banner linking to security info. However, the problem is that a lot of people don't have even the smallest online security training and want to work online.. Don't click on random links, see where emails come from, and in the OP's messages you can find a lot of grammar mistakes. Those are telltale signs something is wrong. Fiverr doesn't contact you to ask for money or verification via the inbox... How can someone possibly be a freelancer, have training to work online, but they fall for these things.. 

• Like 1
  • Up 2

Hello @sumaiya_mukta 

We have taken measures of precautions and we are still implementing new. We have to keep up with them as they come up with new ideas every day. Please see the pinned post about Education on spam and phishing among other pinned posts about safety. We have also restricted many words they are using but they started using the variations of those words. That is why it is of most importance to report all those users. You can report them to me directly and the Customer Support. We have also updated the article in our Help Center on how to Stay safe on the platform

We appreciate all the suggestions from our members on this and other topics. Your feedback is always valued and important to us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

smallest online security training and want to work online

This 😭

Didn't we all learn to look twice before trusting a random message? An inbox message from "FiverR support23572" doesn't sound very real to me, also, why are they not mailing me? Come on people, think, educate yourself and most importantly learn to spot these scams.

I think Fiverr is doing great in preventing these scams, because you see waves of new variants coming an going, like for example now I noticed alot of Fiverr Support related scams (which Fiverr is probably working on now)

And before that it was the good old "customer reaching out to us and telling us how amazing we are, and that we should contact him in ===> ~t~e~l~e~g~r~a~m~ <===" But I don't get them now, so that means Fiverr was able to stop these scams. 

The biggest sollution would be ID verifications, and a long longgggg process to verify yourself. But to be honest, I wouldn't want to stay on a platform if they are forcing me to film myself looking at different angles and forcing me to say a few words, just to proof that it's me. I also don't want to throw my ID in every account I make online. Fiverr is doing enough, but they are no magicians. Fiverr could improve on providing and education intro for new sellers before they are able to use the inbox. but that's just a small tought

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lena said:

Our team is implementing enhanced security measures and improved verification processes to protect our community. Your safety is our top priority, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to create a more secure environment for everyone. 

@Lena thank you as always I know Fiverr's internal team is working hard to protect us from these scam messages.
I was a bit amazed as I received 3 messages within a few hours, I will make sure to inform support regarding these spam or scam messages

• Like 2

10 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

To be fair, how are these Fiverr scams? Fiverr is not trying to scam you. Random scammers are trying to get access to your account and money. Check the resources provided by Fiverr, there was a banner with this kind of stuff. 

yes, to be fair these are scammers who are using Fiverr to scam regular sellers.
I know Fiverr has taken a good amount of measures to keep all the sellers in check and updated to avoid these situations.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, akib0079 said:

Fiverr's internal team is working hard to protect us from these scam messages.

Most likely Fiverr was pushing your gig, it was one of the first people would find in search, hence the scammers contacting you.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, akib0079 said:

@Lena thank you as always I know Fiverr's internal team is working hard to protect us from these scam messages.
I was a bit amazed as I received 3 messages within a few hours, I will make sure to inform support regarding these spam or scam messages

since I signed up a month ago, I only get scam messages. Not sure what I could do (besides pay for a premium - very dating app to make you pay to get the basics) I have three gigs and each is filled out properly.

• Like 2