new member messages

aaanderson_ai

Question

Im a new member and not long after posting my gigs I received several messages. I'm thinking they are a scam... can you confirm and explain how it works?

EXAMPLE:

fiverr_logo.png

2 new messages for you

Hi aaanderson_ai,

eduardoliveros sent you messages and we put them all here for you

Hello aaanderson_ai, We are excited to inform you that a user has purchased your service "create original versatile content for websites blogs vlogs social media" on our platform. The buyer's payment has been successfully processed, and we just need your confirmation to release the funds. In the next automated message, you will receive a link to confirm and access your payment. Please note that this is an automated notification. We will promptly inform the customer as soon as the payment is confirmed and the bank details are verified. Rest assured, the process will be quick, secure, and reliable! With best wishes, The Fiverr Support Team

• Like 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 answers to this question

As others pointed out: scam.
Another thing: Be careful of the e-mail scammers! They'll text you that they tried to purchase your service but fiverr requests they input your email, they fake screenshots too.
That is not necessary and a scam as well.

Though, you likely had many like that by now too - but maybe good to know for other newbies reading this now.

As for the advice to ignore them, I don't know about that - if you report and block them, then sure, ignoring is an option, because you'll receive a message that they will not affect your response rate.
That being said, when does it start not affecting your response rate? Maybe someone who's been here for longer can say more about that.

What I did was just reply "Sorry I cannot provide you with that info because it's against fiverr's TOS", reported them, was done with them.
BUT my response rate did get affected by them - in the quest part to lvl 1 where you need to complete a certain number of orders, have a certain rating, etc., the bar for response rate grew and on my profile it says I reply at an average of 1 hour - despite each of the profiles, that seem to be deleted by now, saying they cannot be contacted anymore and that they wouldn't affect my response rate - so until they were banned, they somehow did affect it.

What I'm saying is: It would suck to ruin your response rate and road to lvl 1 over scammers so be sure to either tell them "No sorry against TOS", or block - (or both? Maybe someone who's been here longer wants to elaborate on that.)