USING VPN FOR 2-3 HOURS, WORKING PROCESS.

arsalan_design1

Question

Hello Dear Fiverr Community members @Kesha @ana_tomy,
                                                       I have a question about temporary VPN use while working on Fiverr. In a hypothetical scenario where all websites are inaccessible for a short period in a specific country, would using a VPN for 2-3 hours to fulfill existing client orders be considered acceptable under Fiverr's terms of service?

It's important to clarify that this wouldn't be used for any misleading purposes or to conceal my location from Fiverr.

I'm waiting for your all good responses.

THANKS

• Like 3

20 answers to this question

2 hours ago, arsalan_design1 said:

I've raised the same issue multiple times, but the tickets have been closed without a complete resolution.

You have used multiple tickets for the same issue, that's why you are not getting the right or humanly response from them. Try to use one ticket for this purpose (the very first ticket on the same issue). 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, arsalan_design1 said:

It's important to clarify that this wouldn't be used for any misleading purposes or to conceal my location from Fiverr.

Whatever you do with VPN, it will still consider a location inconsistency.. So better to avoid usage of VPN. Otherwise you'll lose your Fiverr account.

If you want to use VPN then try another/separate browser for opening the websites.. not the same browser where your Fiverr account is being used.. 

• Like 2

Just now, smartdezigns said:

Whatever you do with VPN, it will still consider a location inconsistency.. So better to avoid usage of VPN. Otherwise you'll lose your Fiverr account.

I haven't used VPN after the past year. However, there was an incident a year ago where all internet access in my country was unavailable for four days. During that time, I had two orders in queue. I attempted to access Fiverr through the mobile app and laptop, but unfortunately, the website was inaccessible.

In an effort to fulfill my client commitments and deliver the work before the deadline, I tried connecting through a VPN to access client requirements. Despite the internet outage, I completed the projects and delivered them on time. It's important to note that I also received a significant number of messages during this period due to my ranking on the first page of Fiverr.

Recently, I received a notification from Fiverr stating that my account has been flagged. The notification mentioned the use of certain tools or software that might conceal my location or provide misleading information.

To clarify the situation, I would like to reiterate that my sole purpose for using a VPN during the internet outage was to fulfill my existing client commitments. There was no intention to circumvent Fiverr's systems or provide misleading information.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arsalan_design1 said:

Recently, I received a notification from Fiverr stating that my account has been flagged. The notification mentioned the use of certain tools or software that might conceal my location or provide misleading information.

There you go. VPN was the main reason of your account being flagged.

1 hour ago, arsalan_design1 said:

To clarify the situation, I would like to reiterate that my sole purpose for using a VPN during the internet outage was to fulfill my existing client commitments. There was no intention to circumvent Fiverr's systems or provide misleading information.

Whatever your purpose was, Fiverr is not gonna accept it even you explain them numerous times, they are gonna stick to their decision. 

So it's clear that "VPN is strictly prohibited to use on Fiverr". 

• Like 3

There you go. VPN was the main reason of your account being flagged.

Whatever your purpose was, Fiverr is not gonna accept it even you explain them numerous times, they are gonna stick to their decision. 

So it's clear that "VPN is strictly prohibited to use on Fiverr". 

Thank you for clarifying the issue with VPNs. I understand now that using a VPN is against Fiverr's terms and can lead to account suspension.

I used a VPN in the past based on incorrect information I received. check attached image. I will not be using this toll in the future.

Regarding the tools mentioned, I can assure you I haven't used anything to mislead Fiverr or violate their terms.

Furthermore, I am concerned about the impression left on the buyer who had left messages without receiving any response for several days.

Screenshot (29).png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arsalan_design1 said:

Screenshot (29).png

I remember @filipdevaere had an issue in China where he is residing these days that Fiverr was not working so he specifically asked, requested and took permission from Fiverr Support to use VPN for Fiverr and they allowed him. 

Meaning to say he actually discussed his issue with Fiverr Support first then used it. That's why he was using it. 

@filipdevaere Please correct me if I am wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, filipdevaere said:

I provided at that time correct information.

Only later did Fiverr (rightly) become much stricter on using a VPN. And that's why I contacted CS last year to ensure I had no problems with my account.

Thank you for the information provided. I have not used VPN continuously; it was only utilized for 2 to 3 hours for work purposes. For further details regarding internet suspension in Pakistan on May 9, 2023, you can refer to the relevant sources.

Additionally, on that day, there were two orders in queue. In such a situation, what should be my course of action? Should I cancel these two orders and refrain from responding to buyers who have left messages and are awaiting a reply?

Screenshot (46).png

IMG_20240629_100107.jpg.png

Ask CS for advice.

Since the new level system update, I've encountered some difficulties getting my questions addressed by Fiverr support. I've raised the same issue multiple times, but the tickets have been closed without a complete resolution.

To find a solution, I'm reaching out to the community for insights. Additionally, the initial response from Fiverr support took about a week, and it didn't directly address my inquiry.

46 minutes ago, arsalan_design1 said:

Since the new level system update, I've encountered some difficulties getting my questions addressed by Fiverr support. I've raised the same issue multiple times, but the tickets have been closed without a complete resolution.

To find a solution, I'm reaching out to the community for insights. Additionally, the initial response from Fiverr support took about a week, and it didn't directly address my inquiry.

I am a "Seller Plus" member. I pay $39 a month for that.
I get an answer very quickly and I always get an answer from a real human (not a chatbot or automated answer).

I am a "Seller Plus" member. I pay $39 a month for that.
I get an answer very quickly and I always get an answer from a real human (not a chatbot or automated answer).

I understand that Seller Plus offers additional benefits, however, my current access level restricts me from utilizing features like promoted gigs, subscriptions, and others. This temporarily limits my visibility in search results. I'm currently reaching out to see if there's any assistance available to improve my discoverability.

On 7/5/2024 at 7:58 PM, filipdevaere said:

No correction is needed.

I have discussed this with CS and received the approval to use a VPN for my account.

image.png.b53bfea0dfd8e76d94314f876db51479.png

image.png.5acce4968e241db8625e959e3da52141.png

This is the response I got regarding this 7 months ago. It makes sense though, there shouldn't be any problems as long as It's not used to manipulate the system. 

They haven't even addressed VPNs specifically in TOS either (I'm sure they would if it's such a big deal). Perhaps the following terms could be interpreted as "anti-vpn" too if someone really wanted to.

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, register excerpts, documents, etc.).

It's not like the locations specified on our profiles are based on live data anyway. So I don't know whether is such a big deal. But then again it's a corporate company that can take any decision they want.

Regarding the case of the OP though... perhaps they used a free VPN? Which can get you banned from any website. can you please confirm what VPN you used  @arsalan_design1

Just now, creative_howl said:

image.png.5acce4968e241db8625e959e3da52141.png

Regarding the case of the OP though... perhaps they used a free VPN? Which can get you banned from any website. can you please confirm what VPN you used  @arsalan_design1

My VPN that was automically connected on 9 may 2023, when all internet was suspended by governoment for four days. I was have 2 orders in queu, delivery time was one day. In my browser (Firefox) there was a VPN extention that automatic connected when one network is not reaching. My Fiverr account opened, I responded to orders & delivered it before due date. after delivering order just saw that my VPN was connected automatically, I shocked at that time but after reaching to fiverr forum, a person @filipdevaere explained that there is not issue to use VPN, I'm using VPN since I joind. He was correct, he is a top rated, Fiverr pro verified seller. After reading their answer I become really happy that there is no issue. But After one long year later they have now said that you have used VPN. Also While a my VPN was connected, I have not send message to any other seller & did not mislead fiverr.

8 minutes ago, arsalan_design1 said:

My VPN that was automically connected on 9 may 2023, when all internet was suspended by governoment for four days. I was have 2 orders in queu, delivery time was one day. In my browser (Firefox) there was a VPN extention that automatic connected when one network is not reaching. My Fiverr account opened, I responded to orders & delivered it before due date. after delivering order just saw that my VPN was connected automatically, I shocked at that time but after reaching to fiverr forum, a person @filipdevaere explained that there is not issue to use VPN, I'm using VPN since I joind. He was correct, he is a top rated, Fiverr pro verified seller. After reading their answer I become really happy that there is no issue. But After one long year later they have now said that you have used VPN. Also While a my VPN was connected, I have not send message to any other seller & did not mislead fiverr.

I see. Well, I don't think it's about anything you do while connected to a VPN (as there's nothing on TOS about VPN being a violation). They throw these buzzwords like "misleading locations" to deter potential wrongdoers (which isn't a bad thing either). 

It's just bizarre to hear things like "use a VPN and get banned" thought. I mean... why????

There's an article by Forbes that states "1.6 Billion People Use VPNs Throughout the World. (https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/vpn-statistics/). I bet there are a bunch of Fiverr sellers in that number ;D

So it's the free VPN that scr#wd you in this case. which is understandable, as they're constantly used by spammers. 

Anyway... I hope you get your account back soon. Don't be too worried about it. CS will review your account and lift whatever suspension they have on it. Just be patient.

And maybe consider investing in a paid VPN to avoid situations like this in the future using my link in the description (JK LOL).

Just now, creative_howl said:

Anyway... I hope you get your account back soon. Don't be too worried about it. CS will review your account and lift whatever suspension they have on it. Just be patient.

I'm encountering some difficulties with Fiverr customer support. I recently submitted a ticket regarding using VPN. However, it appears this ticket has been merged with a different one that doesn't seem directly related.

Unfortunately, I haven't received a response from customer support for the past four days. This has also happened on previous occasions, and the responses I've received from different tickets seem contradictory.

I'm feeling frustrated by this situation and would appreciate some clarification on the status of my account and the merged tickets.

Screenshot (61).png

6 hours ago, arsalan_design1 said:

@filipdevaere explained that there is not issue to use VPN, I'm using VPN since I joind. He was correct, he is a top rated, Fiverr pro verified seller. After reading their answer I become really happy that there is no issue. But After one long year later they have now said that you have used VPN.

There is a HUGE difference between you and @filipdevaere 

He actually discussed his issue with the Customer Support in detail, had a valid reason but in the end, he got their permission to use VPN while you did not discuss or did not take any permission from Fiverr to use VPN. Whether you have used VPN 5 years or 1 year ago or for 4-5 days, you really did without their permission.

5 hours ago, arsalan_design1 said:

I'm feeling frustrated by this situation and would appreciate some clarification on the status of my account and the merged tickets.

Sorry to say.. you are not following our suggestions. Even I suggested you to use the initial ticket to send a message to Fiverr Support.. But no.. you opened a new ticket AGAIN.. which is why you are not getting response from them. 

Now, I am not gonna guide or say anything. Totally up to you! 🙏

Good Luck! 

• Like 1

He actually discussed his issue with the Customer Support in detail, had a valid reason but in the end, he got their permission to use VPN while you did not discuss or did not take any permission from Fiverr to use VPN. Whether you have used VPN 5 years or 1 year ago or for 4-5 days, you really did without their permission.

I was unfortunately faced with a situation that could have impacted my ability to deliver orders on time. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the usual one-day delivery timeframe was at risk.

At the time, there were two orders in the queue, and with only twelve hours remaining, I encountered limited communication options. There was a four-day ban on phone signals and internet access.

To maintain connectivity, I established a connection with a local internet service provider (PTCL). It's important to note that all websites were also restricted on that network. Fortunately, my VPN automatically activated, allowing me to access the necessary resources.

Given the communication limitations, contacting Fiverr support would have resulted in a potential delay of at least 24 hours for a response. This delay could have led to order cancellations, which would have negatively affected my profile standing.

Sorry to say.. you are not following our suggestions. Even I suggested you to use the initial ticket to send a message to Fiverr Support.. But no.. you opened a new ticket AGAIN.. which is why you are not getting response from them.

I'm writing to follow up on a support ticket I submitted 19 days ago. I've encountered some difficulties in replying to previous tickets due to automated responses that closed the tickets before I could provide additional information.

My current issue remains unresolved. Unfortunately, when I reply to the most recent ticket, it gets marked as solved after a few hours, even though the problem persists.

Could you please advise on the best course of action to ensure my issue receives a thorough review? I'm happy to provide any further details that might be helpful.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

VPN is a must-have nowadays to browse the internet safely.

I have inquired about this from CS multiple times, and I've gotten contradicting answers. One agent said they support our decision to use a VPN, while another one straight up said "no". So IDK whether you can get into trouble using a VPN.

Anyway... my take on the matter is that you should be fine as long as you don't try to purposely dupe the system to gain an unfair advantage (I think you can understand what I mean) Don't quote me on that though.

Our locations are already checked and verified through the platform during registration, and it's right there on our profile. So even if it is a problem to use a VPN, it shouldn't be (in my opinion).

• Like 2