Extension needs a limit or something

josh_oh

I've been a freelancer for three years now, and even since review extension feature got implemented, it became very difficult for me to close the order because seller keeps extending review period by 5 additional days. For example, the order that typically takes no more than two weeks is now taking more than a month to close because some buyers basically keep extending it. I'm doing my best to satisfy the client 100% at this point (already met all deliverable requirements but they keep extending for small things) I think there needs to be at least some form of # of limits to extensions or something. 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

I totally second this. This affects me personally schedule wise more than anything.

When accepting to take a project, and set a, let's say 1 week deadline, I calculate that it should be closed in a maximum of 2 weeks, including any eventual revisions or extras required by the customer. It's pretty schedule breaking to plan your downtimes, weekends, holidays in advance and then see yourself in the situation where the customer requires modifications even weeks later, interfering with your personal schedule.

I would love to know there is a limit, even if it's a 1 month limit, so I can accurately plan my "out of studio" days. 

Edited by hzsmith
  • Like 3