Are these scams?

rohan_senk

Question

I just joined Fiverr yesterday and I've already gotten at least 7 scam messages trying to make me click on links and scan qr codes. Now I did scan one of the qr codes out of curiosity and it led me to a website that was similar to Fiverr (not the real URL though) and it asked for my card details like the security number and also the balance on the card. It also says that I have to have a minimum of £250 on my card and that's when I knew when to stop going further into the scam.

I'm not actually sure whether or not it was a scam in the first place as I haven't gotten an order yet and I don't know how to accept payments or anything else for that matter.

Can anyone tell me what actually happens after an order gets placed for my gig so I can differentiate between the scammers and genuine clients better?

Edited by rohan_senk
  • Like 1

6 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, rohan_senk said:

I don't know if thats what actually happens

No you're not allowed to give your email address to buyers and Fiverr doesn't ask them to ask you for it. It's a fake screen the scammers have made up that shows "ask for the seller's email adress" - so don't do what they ask.

Don't scan any QR codes people send to your Fiverr inbox as they'll all be scams.

When you get an order it will show up on your dashboard tab/page with a link there to go to the order page for it.

If you've set notifications you'll probably get an email about it from Fiverr. You'll probably get a notification about the order in the notification tab on Fiverr (eg. you can click on the bell icon to see the notifications).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, rohan_senk said:

I just joined Fiverr yesterday and I've already gotten at least 7 scam messages trying to make me click on links and scan qr codes. Now I did scan one of the qr codes out of curiosity and it led me to a website that was similar to Fiverr (not the real URL though) and it asked for my card details like the security number and also the balance on the card. It also says that I have to have a minimum of £250 on my card and that's when I knew when to stop going further into the scam.

I'm not actually sure whether or not it was a scam in the first place as I haven't gotten an order yet and I don't know how to accept payments or anything else for that matter.

Can anyone tell me what actually happens after an order gets placed for my gig so I can differentiate between the scammers and genuine clients better?

1. You joined yesterday, and you already gotten 7 scam messages.

2. You decided to scan one of those QR codes which you have already edtablished to be fake.

3. And it lead you to a website that is similar to Fiverr ("not the real url though" per your own words).

4. It asked for your card information (such as security code) and card balance. And mentioned that you need a minimum balance of £250 to proceed.

But you knew thats when to stop "going further into the scam" THESE ARE YOUR OWN WORDS.

But now you're not "actually sure" whether its a scam or not. 😐

• Like 1
  • Up 2

No as in I want to know what happens after I get an order 💀

Sorry for beating around the bush 

I just want to know if there's any way to know if they're scammers or not because they keep sending me screenshots like this:

image.jpg?__cld_token__=exp=1720028477~hmac=8d12186f02b784e6a6cbafd0a3b38825b22074eae2223afde6090687a1ca5356

and asking for my email address.

I don't know if thats what actually happens

Sorry for wasting your time earlier 🙏