Total lack of interest and ignorance by fiverr support team after my account got hacked:

haris_sabir199

Hello. My name is Haris S. and i have been working on fiverr for more than 4 years now. I am a level 2 seller, with 4.9 rating and almost 100 delivered orders, and multiple repeat customers. The reason i said this will come clear after I explain the scenario.
On 19 June, evening, i recieved tremendous notifications from fiverr, and when i opened those notifications, it appeared that i had sent spam messages to multiple sellers on fiverr. A well crafted spam message asking for credit card essentials and email address. I immediately changed the password of fiverr account, which stopped the continuous texts to sellers on fiverr. I then logged myself out of all the devices (3 devices plus one additional device that i did not recognize), and then I texted fiverr support about the issue. Meanwhile i texted majority of the people to avoid the text and not to click on any link or try to pay anything. Meanwhile it was pointed to me by a person who recieved spam messages, that my name was "Support"
So someone hacked into my account, changed my name to "Support" and sent multiple spa messages. 
I was temporarily restricted from fiverr after almost 30 to 40 minutes. I sent a detailed email and a text to fiverr support. And after almost 6-10 hours i got a reply from fiverr team acknowledging that i violated TOS and i am permanently restricted from fiverr. Moreover i would be able to commuicate with current buyers and after 60 days my account eill be permanently banned.
I texted to fiverr support multiple times with proof but their response is same, bot generated text that says after careful evaluation by the team, i was fond violating the TOS and therefore my account has been banned. 
My point is, that i worked hard to b a level 2 seller, and i was closing in to be a top rated seller in 3 to 4 months. Why would i try to scam people and shut down my well established and highly ranked fiverr profile? They can definitely compare the IP addresses of the spam messages, and my own location? Is there a way to disban my account? I have provided the proof of malicious activity to fiverr support, but they don't bother. 

I am attaching the proof here as well.

Can someone please tell me what to do or how to attract their attention to take this matter seriously?

I shall be grateful! 

• Like 5

Wow...this is not good. And what you say makes total sense.

4 hours ago, haris_sabir199 said:

My point is, that i worked hard to b a level 2 seller, and i was closing in to be a top rated seller in 3 to 4 months. Why would i try to scam people and shut down my well established and highly ranked fiverr profile?

If what you say is true, and this is how they gonna deal with someone who's been in the platform for so long... i dont know what to say.

Anyway... I hope you get your account back soon!

• Like 4

Hi there, sorry to read this was the case with your account. This 'Restricted' status is there for the ongoing review of your account. If the account is hacked, it cannot be active at the time until the issue is resolved. Our Customer Support team has all the info needed and they'll be happy to help with this.

You should know that if you keep creating new tickets, you'll get the same first response with all the instructions and additional info provided. This is an ongoing ticket #11742576 and all other tickets were merged and closed, so please respond to that one only, instead of creating a new ticket with every response.

You should also read more about how to secure your account better, maybe add a two-factor authentication. You can find out more about it here.

Hope this helps and good luck 🍀

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi there, sorry to read this was the case with your account. This 'Restricted' status is there for the ongoing review of your account. If the account is hacked, it cannot be active at the time until the issue is resolved. Our Customer Support team has all the info needed and they'll be happy to help with this.

You should know that if you keep creating new tickets, you'll get the same first response with all the instructions and additional info provided. This is an ongoing ticket #11742576 and all other tickets were merged and closed, so please respond to that one only, instead of creating a new ticket with every response.

You should also read more about how to secure your account better, maybe add a two-factor authentication. You can find out more about it here.

Thank you for your response. I will stay in touch, and i hope it will be reciprocated by the support team as well.

• Like 5

On 6/22/2024 at 3:56 PM, ana_tomy said:

hi!! my name is Bilawal, same thing happened with me I'm also a level 2 seller and here is the message that i send to fiverr support please help me. I work day and night to become a level 2 seller now it vanished in snap. 

Dear Fiverr Support Team,
I hope this message finds you well. My name is Bilawal, and I am writing to bring to your urgent attention a critical issue regarding my Fiverr account (username: @bilawalkhan559), which was suspended today, June 22, 2024.
Earlier today, my account started sending out an automated message to numerous Fiverr users without my consent. The message read:
🟢 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 "do anything in ms office, ms excel, ms powerpoint, ms access" product has been purchased by a user of our website, please be advised that we are testing a manual notification system for new orders to prevent fraud and facilitate communication with the buyer.
🟢 payment method: MasterCard
🟢 your product has been paid by the customer, you need to confirm receipt of funds (the link to confirm and receive funds, we will send in the next automated message)
🔥 and remember, never go to other messengers, continue to communication on our platform.
️ this message is automatic, after you receive the payment and confirm your banking information, we will send a notification to your customer.
fiverr support"
Upon noticing this unusual activity, I immediately changed my password as advised in an email from Fiverr. However, following this, my gigs were denied, my funds were transferred, and my account was suspended.
I received the following message from Fiverr Support:
During the next 60 days, you will still be able to communicate with your existing buyers via the active order page and access any available or pending clearance funds for withdrawal.
Please be aware that after the 60-day period, your account will be permanently suspended.
You can read more about your account suspension and withdrawing funds in our Help Center.
Best regards, The Fiverr Support Team"
I believe my account has been compromised by a malware attack, causing it to send these unauthorized messages. I am confident that this incident is not isolated, and there may be other users affected by similar attacks. I kindly request that you review my account and the unusual activity that led to its suspension.
Attached to this email, you will find screenshots of the unauthorized messages sent from my account and the Fiverr support message regarding my suspension.
I deeply value my relationship with Fiverr and the platform’s commitment to security. Please investigate this matter urgently and restore my account access. I am ready to provide any additional information required to assist with your investigation.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this critical issue.
Best regards,
Bilawal
(Fiverr username: @bilawalkhan559)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, haris_sabir199 said:

Is there any update on my case?

Hi @haris_sabir199, the team will inform you as soon as the review is done, so the update will come from them as we have no insight into this. Please wait patiently to hear back from them and secure your account to avoid any similar issues in the future. Good luck 🍀

• Like 5