Success Score Is Very Bad

sezerbagdas

Hello, when I examined my success score, I saw that everything was a negative impact. Maybe my secret evaluations are bad, but I cannot understand how effective communication can be a negative impact. What do you want me to do, Fiverr, quit job and talk to people for 24/7? I think I spoke very politely and as much as necessary. But for some reason, Fiverr evaluated my communication as strong negative impact. I'm stuck at 4 points, I can't get a job, I don't know what to do..

• Like 11

1 minute ago, sezerbagdas said:

quit job and talk to people for 24/7

If you take into account that all your messages are monitored by AI (which is not that advanced), you can change the situation. 

I was able to change it from Negative Impact to Positive Impact on my low-performing gigs (they have 3-5 orders per year) by doing the following:

1. Whenever you have a new request, thank your customer for contacting you, and provide them with all the details. 

2. Even if it was a custom offer, as soon as you receive the order, you need to thank your customer for placing the order, write your delivery time, and add something else. The more your write, the higher AI ranks you. 

3. If it takes more than 2-3 days, send messages on the order page to inform your buyer about the current state of things. 

4. When you deliver your project, write a long message, and politely ask for feedback. 

If you have no communication on the order page, your score will be negatively affected. 

To be honest, when I rarely place orders on Fiverr, I barely get "Thanks..."

In the majority of cases, I have no communication with the seller until the moment of delivery, which is also like, "Here's your file..."

• Like 12
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2024 at 12:44 AM, vovkaslovesnyy said:

If you take into account that all your messages are monitored by AI (which is not that advanced), you can change the situation. 

I was able to change it from Negative Impact to Positive Impact on my low-performing gigs (they have 3-5 orders per year) by doing the following:

1. Whenever you have a new request, thank your customer for contacting you, and provide them with all the details. 

2. Even if it was a custom offer, as soon as you receive the order, you need to thank your customer for placing the order, write your delivery time, and add something else. The more your write, the higher AI ranks you. 

3. If it takes more than 2-3 days, send messages on the order page to inform your buyer about the current state of things. 

4. When you deliver your project, write a long message, and politely ask for feedback. 

If you have no communication on the order page, your score will be negatively affected. 

In the majority of cases, I have no communication with the seller until the moment of delivery, which is also like, "Here's your file..."

I don't agree. I always thank every buyer for placing the order. Explain them details about order. Never let clients to end the communication rather I say Thank you! in last message. But still my gig has effective communication negative impact. My account success score is stuck at 4 since 2.5 months. 

• Like 5

Hello i was level 2 seller, 4-5 months ago. Now, i'am level 0 new seller. Fiverr disabled my promoted gigs, so i dont get any job. Dont know what to do, i am stuck at level 0. Fiverr dont give me any chance to level up. I got 0 order for months.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

It updates very often, based on your performance and the orders you have, their feedback and all the factors. The problem is that if you have lots of orders and reviews, it can take a while for the score to change from where it is.

So yeah, it does assess your performance often. The thing is, you need reviews so the score can change. If there are no reviews.. that will increase the overall timeline.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, sezerbagdas said:

Thank you for answer donnovan, but what do you mean exactly by saying very often? its like 1-2 days or 1-2 weeks

There's no specific timeline. It can be every hour, every minute, every week. Just try to deliver the best work. These things are outside of your control. If you deliver great work and people like it, then the score will increase organically. 

• Like 4
  • Up 3

7 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

It updates very often, based on your performance and the orders you have, their feedback and all the factors. The problem is that if you have lots of orders and reviews, it can take a while for the score to change from where it is.

So yeah, it does assess your performance often. The thing is, you need reviews so the score can change. If there are no reviews.. that will increase the overall timeline.

Do you think it was fair that all of a sudden older sellers with many reviews are now having to face and fix 2-5 years of stats they knew nothing about? 
While new sellers can easily fix their score thanks to having a fewer orders in the past.

Edited by ch6k0r
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, ch6k0r said:

While new sellers can easily fix their score thanks to having a fewer orders in the past.

I've been here for over 10 years so I am in the older seller category. 

Honestly, I think Fiverr wanted to differentiate sellers so not everyone would have a perfect score and excellent reviews. Their latest changes seem to back up my statement. They do focus on the most recent stuff, so you can still bounce back. I think it's tougher for newer sellers mainly because they can easily receive a bad review and that will end up being a major part of their score for a very long time. But if you're older, you have older stuff to help you stay afloat and you won't be as affected. For example, my success score has not changed at all ever since the entire success score thing started. But for others, newer people, it varies.

As I said, there's a ton of people on the platform and my thinking is they want to differentiate people through all the info they have on us, private reviews and all. I already have a pretty bad health, I don't want to add to it by constantly overthinking about stats and stuff. I just try to do my best work with every order and I stopped caring about all the tiny details, as it has a bad effect on anyone's health, not just mine.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, sezerbagdas said:

Hello, some of my gigs have low success scores, some have high success scores. Will pausing the low ones help me increase my success score average?

I asked support about this once and the answer was this:

"Deleting or pausing a Gig will remove its score from the overall success score.
Please note that only active gigs will impact your success score. 
We aim to improve the quality of services offered on the platform to improve buyer retention. Deleting a low-performing gig means focusing your attention on the ones that work." 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, maia_videos said:

"Deleting or pausing a Gig will remove its score from the overall success score.
We aim to improve the quality of services offered on the platform to improve buyer retention. Deleting a low-performing gig means focusing your attention on the ones that work."

Did you try this?

• Like 7

On 6/21/2024 at 8:29 PM, maia_videos said:

it doesn't take long. a few hours or at most a day

100% wrong.

7 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Just because you are pausing gigs, that doesn't mean the success score will change. So don't expect it to change even if you pause stuff.

Donnovan86 is right.

• Like 9

On 6/16/2024 at 1:44 AM, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Thanks for sharing your tips with us.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maia_videos said:

it worked for me. That's what I can say

It was a coincidence most likely. But Fiverr staff confirmed that it's recommended to not delete gigs, pausing gigs isn't really going to make a major difference. I did stop some offerings myself, I had way more gigs, and my success score remained the same.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It was a coincidence most likely. But Fiverr staff confirmed that it's recommended to not delete gigs, pausing gigs isn't really going to make a major difference. I did stop some offerings myself, I had way more gigs, and my success score remained the same.

I don't think it was a coincidence.
in my case I only had 2 gigs. so when I paused one (success score 4) the total success score became the same as the only active gig which was 6. It makes a lot of sense to me.
In addition, the Fiverr staff had already sent me a message about this. Below is the message from the Fiverr staff: 

Maybe because you have a lot of gigs, deleting or pausing some may not make much difference. but if you only have 2 it may weigh more. At the moment I only have 1 active gig that has a score of 6 and that's why my overall success score is also 6.
It wouldn't make sense if you only had 1 gig with a score of 8, for example, and your total success score was 5 or 6. The total success score must be the same as the only gig you have

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maia_videos said:

Maybe because you have a lot of gigs, deleting or pausing some may not make much difference. but if you only have 2 it may weigh more. At the moment I only have 1 active gig that has a score of 6 and that's why my overall success score is also 6.

I have only 2 active gigs, 1 with a success score of 10, the other one 8. My account's score is 10 now. . But I have a bunch of paused gigs. If you do the math, it doesn't make sense since it would be the average of 10 and 8, right?  It always comes down to private data they have, so without knowing exactly your accounts data, including private reviews and other info that only Fiverr sees, we can't really know for sure. But I sincerely doubt that if you got a bad review on a gig and pause that gig, your score will not be affected. Maybe as time goes by it will be affected less or not at all, however I can easily see stopping gigs as a way to curate the success score, and Fiverr clearly wants people to stop manipulating the system. 

• Like 2