Do people still pay for writing and translation services on Fiverr?

gil300

Question

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking a lot lately about the value of writing and translation services here on Fiverr, especially with the rise of AI tools that offer these services for free or at a very low cost. With options like ChatGPT, Gemini, Bing Copilot, and other AI-driven services, I don't see why anyone would pay a person to write a blog article or perform a translation for them.

I'm really curious to hear different perspectives on this topic, especially if you are a writer or a translator here on Fiverr, are you still making money?

Thank you!

• Confused 1

5 answers to this question

I'm a technical writer along with being a legal writer and I started earning more after the introduction of AI! AI cannot produce specific, to the target technical writing the day I do.  

In addition, I can, without even using any software, sense if a piece of writing, or a post/comment on this forum, has been generated through AI. 

• Like 1
  • Up 2

20 hours ago, gil300 said:

I don't see why anyone would pay a person to write a blog article or perform a translation for them.

This is partially true until you have to deal with a religious document, a birth certificate, or a game in any language. 

This year, I am overloaded with work, which rarely happened before (even though the overall demand for services in Russian should be low due to obvious reasons). 

Usually, the beginning of the year and summer are quiet, but not in 2024. 

• Up 1

Content writers are still earning by focusing on human creativity, emotional storytelling, niche expertise, SEO skills, and collaborating with AI to enhance and personalize content.

• Like 1