Verification of buyer

mi5h0

I have three repeated orders from the same buyer. How can I protect myself from potential fraud?

I can not find anywhere his references or information on how long has the account on fiverr.

If I gat confirmed delivery and a positive review from buyer, is it still posible for him to ask for a refund later?

I do not know how exactly that works…

Guest laughingcrow

FIverr’s a platform bringing buyers and sellers together. You’ll just have to have a bit of faith. There are some things you can do to protect yourself.

• Communicate a lot with the buyer, make sure you sell what he/she wants to buy
  • If it’s artwork, send watermarked files first to protect your property.
  • Once all is ok, and the delivery is done, ask them to review and hit Complete Order
  • Once the order is complete, it’s all done

They could file a paypal or payoneer dispute, but that will get their account locked. This happens, but it’s not as common as people think. He could ask a refund via Customer Support, but he’d have to prove he didn’t get what he ordered (which is why communication is important).

In case of any real issue, contact customer support first, and make sure to have evidence/screenshots. And be prepared that something bad will happen once every so often, and learn from it.

Guest laughingcrow

Reply to @mi5h0: Likely because rating buyers would make them less likely to buy things. When it comes down to it, Fiverr puts sellers up on display for buyers, like puppies at the pet store. The buyer comes and takes whatever puppy they want. If the puppy had the option to give the buyer a bad rating, no one would want to come to buy them.

Indirectly you can check their rating - when you complete an order, you get to give feedback back to buyers.

So google “Site:Fiverr.com” and the name of the buyer to check out what they gave other sellers.

If I received 3 orders from the same buyer, I would be very pleased. I have only been here a short time, but I’ve read that a lot of sellers get multiple orders from buyers. That should not be a red flag. If you are really good at what you do, I would not worry so much about it. I think most buyers on here are legit. If they weren’t, Fiverr would not have as many sellers.

Archived