What would be your first words to the buyer other than greetings or "How can I help you?"

muratnalcaci

On 5/17/2024 at 4:04 PM, muratnalcaci said:

What would be your first words to the buyer other than greetings or "How can I help you?"

thanks for staying with me. f you want to take or see your business or service to the next level. you are the right place sir.

• Like 4

On 5/24/2024 at 9:09 PM, nickj2013 said:

I rarely get a "Hi," from clients unless it's spam. They usually open with what they're looking for via my services. And my first response is always "Hi," or "Hello," followed by a detailed explanation of how I can help them. Or if I can't help them, a thorough reason as to why I cannot.

Yes, many buyers do not even say hi or hello, which I find to be bad behavior, but what can we do, right?

• Like 1
  • Up 1

This matters a lot to have chosen warm welcome greetings but your next response to comprehend and response to the expectations of the client has a lot of value. Therefore I may think to give more attention for understanding the client's goals and challenges, asking insightful questions for clarification, provision of relevant information about solutions, giving enough time to client for understanding the situation and then showing empathy and willingness towards the job.

• Like 4

On 5/22/2024 at 1:02 AM, texvox said:

I always lead with "Howdy - thanks for reaching out! It's nice to meet you. I'd love to see if I can help."

I may have to use this as a follow-up response after my auto-reply which is "Hey. Thanks a lot for your message and for considering me. Though I'm not available right now, I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. Have a good one." if ever I receive one. Thank you for this.

• Like 4

After the initial greetings, my first words to a buyer would be:

I’m excited to hear more about your project. Can you share some details about what you’re looking to achieve?

Often, there are two situations: one where the client has shared the project details and one where they haven't. Here’s how you can handle each scenario:

𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬
In this case, after greetings, you might say:

I’ve reviewed the details you provided about your project. I’m excited to get started and make sure we achieve your vision. I do have a few questions to ensure we’re on the same page and to better understand your expectations:

(mention your question below)

𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬
In this case, after greetings, you might say:

I’m excited to hear more about your project. Can you share some details about what you’re looking to achieve? Understanding your goals will help me provide the best possible service.

• Like 6

On 5/26/2024 at 9:19 AM, aimriser said:

This matters a lot to have chosen warm welcome greetings but your next response to comprehend and response to the expectations of the client has a lot of value. Therefore I may think to give more attention for understanding the client's goals and challenges, asking insightful questions for clarification, provision of relevant information about solutions, giving enough time to client for understanding the situation and then showing empathy and willingness towards the job.

True, greetings are important, but understanding what the buyer needs is more important. I think sellers must, yes it is a must, ask the right questions to buyers.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, aimriser said:

Consider Fiverr rules first.

Is asking for a website link against Fiverr rules? Maybe not in the greetings, which I also find very irritating, but there are some gigs where the seller needs the buyer's website, social media accounts, etc.

• Like 2

When I receive message with some informations I write:

"Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out. Please give me a few moment to understand your requirement. I will be replying soon, Thanks for your patience"

Do rate my quote. I would love to hear some improvements here.

Thank you,

Teresa

• Like 4

"What type of project are you working on?"
"Do you have a specific vision or style in mind for your project?"
"What’s the main goal you’re hoping to achieve with this project?"

• Like 3

On 5/28/2024 at 3:03 PM, teresabala said:

When I receive message with some informations I write:

"Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out. Please give me a few moment to understand your requirement. I will be replying soon, Thanks for your patience"

Do rate my quote. I would love to hear some improvements here.

Thank you,

Teresa

This sounds more like an automated message, don't you think?

• Like 1
  • Up 1

32 minutes ago, muratnalcaci said:

This sounds more like an automated message, don't you think?

If you look in that way, It sure does sound like automated. I guess, Will need to send each line at a time, instead of the whole at once. Could you suggest a better approach?

I guess need to skip the last to parts of the sentence: "I will be replying soon, Thanks for your patience"

And write only:

"Hello!

Thank you so much for reaching out.

Please give me a few moment to understand your requirement. "

Then make sure if the service can be provided or not, and write accordingly. 

If it can be done continue discussing about overall project and proceed with the general duration for the project and the pricing.

• Like 3

On 5/31/2024 at 1:06 AM, biggerant said:

This is my Automated Reply:  "Hi, Thank you for reaching out to me."
and it is working  really well, whether i am online or not. 

You still have to respond manually in order to maintain the response rate. So, I think automated responses are just a temporary measure to give you some extra time to respond.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, muratnalcaci said:

You still have to respond manually in order to maintain the response rate. So, I think automated responses are just a temporary measure to give you some extra time to respond.

Yes definitely the manual response is necessary for response rate. but this very first "Automated reply" helps to engage the buyer in every situation whether the buyer sent the requirements in his first message or not. 

Edited by biggerant
  • Like 3

I reply; Hello [Name], Welcome to my workspace, I am glad to have you here.

After this I will ask about their aim and objectives towards the project, and also their expectations. This allows me to work in line with what they expected.👌👌

• Like 1
  • Up 1

How can I help you It's okay to start a conversation.

But you can start with ( Hello there, It's a pleasure that you Message me )

it's just my own opinion But the choice is yours Because you have to handle it.

• Like 1

Dear "buyer name",

Thanks for reaching out about your project! I'd be happy to help.

To ensure I understand your vision better and provide the best assistance, could you please share more details about the project as well as content/text files? Any specific goals, target audience, duration, or style preferences you have in mind would be incredibly helpful.

Looking forward to learning more and working together on this project!

Have a great day!
Abdhesh

• Like 2