How to Handle Additional Tasks Requested by Buyer on Fiverr: Should I Request Extra Compensation?

Experienced Fiverr sellers, I need your advice. A buyer hired me for a specific service, but after placing the order, they've been randomly requesting additional tasks beyond the original scope. While I've been accommodating to satisfy the buyer, I believe these extra tasks warrant additional compensation. Should I politely ask the buyer for remuneration for these additional services?

• Like 4

I don't have any advice as I am facing a very similar situation - I have a past buyer who contacted me a month after completing their order requesting a small change. I was happy to accommodate because it only took a couple of minutes and I hope to create a repeat buyer. But they have now requested I re-write a section of the plan AND add a new one without placing an order. I am not sure if I should do it about it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi! Yes, I would recommend that you politely remind them of the original scope of the order, then let them know that you would be happy to  accommodate their request but it will be for an additional cost. The important thing to remember while communicating your boundaries with your client is to remain professional and polite.

• Like 2

If this is a first-time buyer, or even a repeat buyer that you don't have a lot of history with, I would always default to charging for additional services. You're providing a valuable service, and time is the one thing you cannot create more of in life. Charge for yours.

If it's a buyer you have a great history with, I'm open to providing a few "freebies" here and there. Several years ago a friend of mine who is also a small business owner taught me the value of cutting great clients a break once in a while. Sometimes giving away a little bit of your time now can generate a lot of good will with a client and a ton of work later. But this is something I reserve only for the clients I have the best relationships with and can trust.

Occasionally, I receive orders without prior communication with the buyer. I believe that the buyer should communicate thoroughly with the seller before placing a purchase. There would never be any misunderstanding between the buyer and seller.

On 5/17/2024 at 12:36 PM, filipdevaere said:

Never work for free. You will regret it.

I agree with you, but sometime when we asked for the extra fee for the extra work, the buyers asking to cancel the order. So, what to do in this situation?

5 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

That is up to you.

I would contact CS when they start threatening to cancel the order.

I have faced this issues multiple times and when I contacted with customer support, they only give one-repeated reply i.e. "we can not force a buyer to accept the delivery, communicate with your buyer and if order get canceled, do let us know."