Fiverr's New Level System Update too bad?

The new level system, which everyone is going crazy about, and nobody including the Fiverr staff here on Fiverr Forum could come up with the proper answers as to how this works, quote: "Actually", because to be honest we couldn't get the proper answers to our questions even from the Fiverr staff.  Just some formal paragraphs that are too formal for an answer.

So far I have been studying the new Fiverr's level system and how it impacted many sellers and me. This is what I think how it works and what are its drawbacks:

• According to Fiverr, this new Success Score metric focuses on 6-key elements and they are: 
  1. Client Satisfaction
  2. Effective Communication
  3. Conflict-free Orders
  4. Order cancellations
  5. Delivery time
  6. Value for money

The reason I have made two factors bold is not because they are more important than others, it's because of how these two are calculated.

Overall, the success score is calculated and impacted based on these 6 factors and even then, the score is calculated relevant to other freelancers. The flaw I see in these bolded factors is that

1. Conflict-free orders: whenever you deliver your work and if for some reason, the buyers ask for a revision officially through the options they have, it'll be considered as a "Conflict" and that order will be marked as a conflicted order. I wonder if the extension in delivery time is regarded as a conflict in order. Not sure about that yet. But that's not fair at all because most design services or usually most services require revisions.
  2. Value for money: Now, this is way more impactful than you might think. The buyers are provided a ton of options to select from to provide their feedback about the order and that gives them a headache leaving them the option to leave it all, leaving us sellers the opportunity to not get the feedback that helps us stand out in the marketplace and increases our credibility. One more thing, if they leave feedback without selecting any specific "ton of options", the 5-star feedback will have less impact than the one with the options selected. Furthermore, the options are confusing for the buyers that most cases they end up leaving 4-star reviews thinking that it's 5-star.

Plus, the cancellations have their flaws. If the buyer cancels the order from their side like they have mistakenly placed the order and they now want to cancel the order, and if they do, still the impact is on the seller's profile and the cancellation rate is affected. The seller has to contact customer support to inform them about the situation, which usually takes 2-3 days, and in these 3 days, the seller will have to bear the consequences of the negative impact on his/her profile.

The other factors are definitely a step up for every seller, allowing them to improve their communication and client satisfaction even further, giving them more chances to increase their exposure. It's great that Fiverr is taking measures to improve the marketplace but even after the beta period, the update doesn't seem to be stable at all.

I am a fan of updates and improvements, and to be honest, I liked it but leaving the sellers years of hard work to bots/systems with flaws isn't something I am a fan of, and I am sure none of you are. 

What are your thoughts about the new update? Did you find it good? Were you able to overcome these flaws or you didn't face any?

Please feel free to share your experience so that we all can benefit from that. 

Cheers!

• Like 5